Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Novice

Jack Daniels gold medals

Hello, New to the forum but not bourbon/whisky. We lived adjacent to bourbon county in Kentucky for about 6 years, did multiple distillery tours asking the bourbon trail as well add a visit to Lynchburg, tn. Awesome tour, loved the grounds and the people.

Ended up collecting some of the gold medal series of bottles. I bought the 1914 one while I was there so it has the little, "purchased at distillery tag". All bottles are full, sealed, unregistered hang tags and boxes. But I have no idea what these things are worth anymore, can anyone help me out?

The bottles I have are:

Disciple

Re: Jack Daniels gold medals

You're not going to get the response you're looking for...
    Jim

Novice

And why do you say that?

Virtuoso

There are Jack Daniels collector pages on Face Book where buying and selling takes place --- that will be a more appropriate place for the question and will provide the answer.

Novice

I am not trying to sell them here. If I was, I would if posted them in a classifieds section (if this forum even has that, I didn't look).

All I'm looking for is if anyone could tell me an approximate value of these things.

Virtuoso

So you're trying to price them here and sell them elsewhere?
    Life's too short, and there's too much good whiskey within reach.

Novice

No. I just want to know what they're worth. They've been packed up in storage for 3 years when we moved back to Florida and tbh, I totally forgot about them. We were cleaning out the spare closet when I found the box with them in it.

I collect a lot of things and have a real hard time letting go of the things that are in my possession. I don't know why this has turned into such a big deal, I thought it was a simple question, guess not.

Virtuoso

Not being rude here but if you had taken the time to explore the forum a little before you asked the question you would have noticed that it was unlikely you would get an answer here. There is no classified section but there is a search function.

A few reasons would have been obvious had you used it;

Buying and selling doesn't happen here.
    There is little discussion relating to specific value of Bourbon on the secondary market.
    How the Bourbon in the bottle tastes is of interest, not so much the bottle.
    Very little if any discussion of bottle collecting. Not because it's bad - most of us just aren't interested.
    Jack Daniels isn't held in particularly high regard so all the "collectable" iterations of the packaging never come up in discussions, much less their value on the "collector" market.

And all the above points to this fact ....... there is a good chance that no one on this forum has any idea what they are worth.

Guru

I do, they're worth about what you paid for them.
    We're Bourbon Geeks, it's who we are, it's what we do.

Novice

I'm not concerned what the whisky tastes like, I will never open them and don't care for Jack, I'm a Woodford or pappy fan myself.
    Nowhere did I ever say I was trying to sell them, but i appreciate all of you assuming I am trying to sell them on here. Like I stated before, if I was trying to sell them I would if found a for sale section or said they were for sale. Talk about jumping the gun.

I'll take my collection of whisky and bourbons and go elsewhere. I hope your ask aren't this rude to all new members, doesn't bode well for the hobby.
    Thank you sailor for explaining our a little bit to me target than losing some jackass comment that doesn't help at all.