Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Disciple

Re: Jack Daniels gold medals

Quote Originally Posted by pass1over View Post
    I'm not concerned what the whisky tastes like, I will never open them and don't care for Jack, I'm a Woodford or pappy fan myself.
    Nowhere did I ever say I was trying to sell them, but i appreciate all of you assuming I am trying to sell them on here. Like I stated before, if I was trying to sell them I would if found a for sale section or said they were for sale. Talk about jumping the gun.

I'll take my collection of whisky and bourbons and go elsewhere. I hope your ask aren't this rude to all new members, doesn't bode well for the hobby.
    Thank you sailor for explaining our a little bit to me target than losing some jackass comment that doesn't help at all.
    Most new members don't ask for valuation of a bottle before they even say hello.

And if a) you don't intend to drink and b) you don't intend to sell, why in the world do you want to know the value of these bottles?
    Jim

Novice

My apologies for not making an intro thread, but I did make some kind of attempt to introduce myself.

You've never just wanted to know something to satisfy your curiosity?

Guru

pass1over I gave you an answer and my information is correct, they are worth what you paid.
    We're Bourbon Geeks, it's who we are, it's what we do.

Disciple

When I first saw the post my troll alert went off, was about to give the same answer but had to leave for awhile. Glad y'all handled it.

Enthusiast

What squire said. Something is 'worth' the price that two independent parties agree to.

technically whiskey owned by a private individual is worth nothing as there are few legal ways to dispose of it other than pouring it out or drinking it...

Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by michaelturtle1 View Post
    technically whiskey owned by a private individual is worth nothing as there are few legal ways to dispose of it other than pouring it out or drinking it...
    Except if his house burned down, it would still be covered by insurance and thus have a value. (I assume anyway, I can't say I've read the fine print on my policy.)

Virtuoso

My ask is never rude and I have yet to lose a jackass comment.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
    -Brian-

"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."
    -Agent Kay

Novice

You might wanna have your troll sensor checked out tiger. No troll here, just a guy with a question. Yea, they really "handled" it.

Squire, it's actually worth what someone else would pay for it. If I was trying to sell them, which a lot of you keep glossing over that apparently. I am not selling these, neither here or elsewhere. Get over yourselves.

Turtle, you are correct. It is very hard if not illegal to sell spirits without a license. However, no where did I ever say I was selling them. I was just curious if anyone knew what they might be worth now.

Guru

Apparently you are unwilling to accept the answer I gave because it's not the one you want. My answer is still correct though, the whisky is worth what you paid.

As for what some theoretical someone might pay that's not what you asked but is apparently the information you seek. Sorry, wrong site, we don't buy, sell, trade, swap or do evaluations here.
    We're Bourbon Geeks, it's who we are, it's what we do.