Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415
    Taster

Re: Wednesday Tastings!

Quote Originally Posted by Renegator View Post
    Agreed - great post Bruce. You've made me want to go out and try OF Sig again...
    Was talking to Bruce about this the other day... But a half full OF Sig that's been open for a month or two is a very different (and better) beast than a newly cracked bottle IMO.
    Mike
    "I want a whiskey whiskey whiskey when I'm thirsty, I want a water water water when I'm dry"

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by maybeling View Post
    Was talking to Bruce about this the other day... But a half full OF Sig that's been open for a month or two is a very different (and better) beast than a newly cracked bottle IMO.
    Hmm, may just have to buy another OF Sig and put that to the test before this one gets emptied!
    That yella whiskey runnin' down my throat like honey dew vine water and I took another slash…

Nullum Gratuitum Prandium
    Ne Illegitimi Carborundum

Guru

In recent months, 0FSig has become my "every day" pour, replacing Larceny and VOB BIB for the time being. I can honestly say that I hadn't touched the stuff for probably two years when I rediscovered it after pulling out a bottle from the back of the cabinet. I absolutely love it and it is proving once again to be a big hit with all my friends.
    "I distrust a man who says 'when.' He's got to be careful not to drink too much, because he's not to be trusted when he does." Sydney Greenstreet

Guru

I love these posts! I haven't touched my OF Sig in many months, and making a note to get some in the glass when the current occupant is evicted (of which notice is being served presently!) I'm always energized by stories where the blind tasting reveals some gems that taste like diamonds but are priced like CZs!
    Gary (aka 'Country')
    =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
    "Too much of anything is bad, but too much of good whiskey is barely enough." - Mark Twain
    "Because Whiskey Matters!" - David Perkins