Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
    Guru

Re: Wednesday Tastings!

Quote Originally Posted by kjbeggs View Post
    Appreciate your tasting notes on these, as I only have the 2013 and 2014. Now I'm not so unhappy to have missed the first release, as it sounds like the lesser of the three.
    The AECS event with Wes Henderson was in Dallas the week after I got my bottle of the 2014, but I had a conflict and was unable to attend. If i could have gone, I fully intended to try and pick his brain on the specifics of each release.
    There is one in Atlanta in a couple of weeks which I plan to go to as of now and I fully intend to (try to) get as much detail as I can from Wes! We will see how that goes.

I need to do these three again I think. On further reflection the 2012 and 2014 seemed more similar and the 2013 was the one that stood out with a real plethora of port flavor. I certainly didn't think the 2012 was bad. Quite the opposite. It may have been that the 2013 had so much port that it tended to dominate the whiskey and as a result may have not been enjoyed as much by many people. I happen to rather enjoy a plethora of port! But it did tend to make it a bit more one dimensional.
    That yella whiskey runnin' down my throat like honey dew vine water and I took another slash…

Nullum Gratuitum Prandium
    Ne Illegitimi Carborundum

Guru

Re: Wednesday Tastings!

This weeks tasting was wiped out by Snowmageddon 2015 (which proved to be a complete miss in the Atlanta area but was a bit worse just north of the city). Wasn't the weather that cancelledit though so much as the panic buying in the face of the "approaching massive winter storm" which paralyzed local leaders with fear a full 24 hours before the first snowflake fell due to the events of Snowmageddon 2014. Milk, bread and booze are staples of course! And not necessarily in that order....

Oh well, we will try again next week.
    That yella whiskey runnin' down my throat like honey dew vine water and I took another slash…

Nullum Gratuitum Prandium
    Ne Illegitimi Carborundum