Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
    Taster

Where are the rules?

I have seen posts that talk about the "rules," but have not been able to find a listing of them. Can somebody provide a link?

For example, this thread: http://www.straightbourbon.com/forum...nd-a-Sample-of

Thanks!

Trippah and Admin

Re: Where are the rules?

The user agreement is here http://www.straightbourbon.com/index...ks/forum-rules

When in doubt, hit up a staff member with a question.
    My name is Joel Goodson. I deal in human fulfillment.
    I grossed over eight thousand dollars in one night. Time of your life, huh kid?

Taster

Thanks Scott, but nowhere in the page you linked do I see a list of rules/behaviors/do's/don'ts that guys refer to....what I was looking for are the following:

1) Where is the listing of the rule that smknjoe referred to in his comment "No, we can't do it. We are only allowed to say that we are looking for something and that's it. We need to stick to the other thread we have."

2) Why did you lock the thread so quickly? Seems to me that somebody violated a rule, but it wasn't explained in the thread.

Thanks!

Guru

I've never tried GTS with any sort of soda. Maybe I'm missing out; but I'm OK with that.

Taster

Quote Originally Posted by callmeox View Post
    When in doubt, hit up a staff member with a question.
    3) How does a newbie find out who the staff are?

Guru

Anyone with moderator under their name. And the names are highlighted in green.
    We're Bourbon Geeks, it's who we are, it's what we do.

Taster

Quote Originally Posted by squire View Post
    Anyone with moderator under their name. And the names are highlighted in green.
    Is callmeox one? His handle is shown in red text on my screen...and I don't see moderator under his name...

Virtuoso

Quote Originally Posted by Oboe Cadobro View Post
    Is callmeox one? His handle is shown in red text on my screen...and I don't see moderator under his name...
    No, you see "Admin" under his name.

Trippah and Admin

Thanks Scott, but nowhere in the page you linked do I see a list of rules/behaviors/do's/don'ts that guys refer to....what I was looking for are the following:

1) Where is the listing of the rule that smknjoe referred to in his comment "No, we can't do it. We are only allowed to say that we are looking for something and that's it. We need to stick to the other thread we have."

2) Why did you lock the thread so quickly? Seems to me that somebody violated a rule, but it wasn't explained in the thread.

Thanks!
    1) The rule that smknjoe spoke of is for a specific thread that he linked to above.

2) Sometimes when a thread is locked an explanation is left behind and sometimes not. We don't discuss moderator actions in the forums beyond that. I'm sure you understand.

3) How does a newbie find out who the staff are?
    Staff members names are listed in red or green. There's more information here in the New User Guidelines post at the top of this forum.

http://www.straightbourbon.com/forum...t.php?f=43&a=9
    My name is Joel Goodson. I deal in human fulfillment.
    I grossed over eight thousand dollars in one night. Time of your life, huh kid?

Bourbonian Of The Year 2013 and Guru

OC, SB is like any new group that you become affiliated with. You kinda gotta just hang around and size things up. It's pretty easy to pick up the flow here. If you're concerned on what may, or may not, be appropriate, PM a staff/moderator. They are more than happy to help.
    JOE

Wag more.
    Bark less.

"Every bottle is its own learning experience." -- Sensei Ox-sama