Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Guru

Re: Is Bulleit 10 a flop?

I thought the contract ran out in 2012, at least officially.
    We're Bourbon Geeks, it's who we are, it's what we do.

Virtuoso

Doesn't Bulleit buy and age their own whiskey? I thought they did, so I assumed that Bulleit 10 would still be FR ... or did they buy 10 year old whiskey for it?
    Mark

Virtuoso

No one asks for the ten year in my place. Bullet rye seems to sell well. Maybe it's the frontier back story?
    "On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero"
    T. Durden

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by sutton View Post
    Doesn't Bulleit buy and age their own whiskey?
    I thought that's what they were filling the SW warehouses with, product for Bulleit.
    We're Bourbon Geeks, it's who we are, it's what we do.

Advanced Taster

same bottles (in boxes) have been on the shelves near me for what now seems like ages, at $35, gathering dust.

Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by fishnbowljoe View Post
    I am in no way arguing with you guys. Just passing something along. Paul and I went on a tour of FR's Cox's Creek during the sampler last year. At one point in the tour when we had a little break, Paul asked the inevitable question. "Does FR's makes the distillate for Bulleit?" Our tour guides answer was, "No. FR's does not make anything for Bulleit." Just saying'. Most everybody is pretty positive that FR's make's the distillate for Bulleit, but……...
    But when Eric and I were at Cox's Creek last year making our barrel selections for Eric's store, the Rep from Four Roses told us about one of his "embarrassing" moments when he was leading a group on a tour of the bottling facility and they were bottling a run of Bulleit! He thus more or less not only confirmed that Four Roses provided the juice for Bulleit, they also did at least some of the bottling as well. Besides that, what with the public announcements made of late, I don't think there is any serious doubt that the bourbon contained in those bulleit bottles is from Four Roses. Now where it will come from in the future is another question.

Taster

I for one are happy that we have Bulleit 10 year old in Australia. Our regular Bulleit is bottled in the UK and is 40%. The 10 year old comes from the USA and is 45.6%. The price difference hers is around $40 for the 40% and $60 for the 10 year old. The disadvantages of living in a country were the have higher taxes the higher the alcohol content is.

Enthusiast

Have a hard time even considering the B10 when I can get a BP 10yr+ FRSB at CS at the same price point.
    Justin

Advanced Taster

Quote Originally Posted by BigBoldBully View Post
    same bottles (in boxes) have been on the shelves near me for what now seems like ages, at $35, gathering dust.
    Wow. I'd buy at least one at that price. But considering EC12 is older, higher proof, and about $10 less, I guess it makes sense B10 sits.

Connoisseur

Only had one pour of the 10 year, at a packed bar, rushing to get to a Pearl Jam concert, so maybe my opinion is not completely valid... BUT --- yech!!! Very bitter and and off-putting. I was not a fan at all. I much prefer the regular Bulleit.

Sales wise... I have no idea, I never even look for it on the shelf. I remember that the one time I went into a 'mom and pop' liquor store, the guy behind the counter really tried hard to push the Bulleit 10 on me. I just smiled politely and got the hell out of there.