Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Specialty bourbons near future releases (February-April)

Being a local store owner, I am always trying to bring in rare bourbons that are in high demand. Which specialty bourbons are going to be released in the near future (Spring)? I know FR SB, but is there anything else I should be on the look-out for? This month I was lucky to get my hands on some ECBP and EC21 (when were these originally rolled out)? Any advice on which bourbons being released soon that would be in high demand would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers,
    Alex

Guru

Re: Specialty bourbons near future releases (February-April)

Look under the Premium section. All of the old, current, and new releases should be there. Do you guys have competitive pricing...on par with Spec's?
    I've never tried GTS with any sort of soda. Maybe I'm missing out; but I'm OK with that.

Guru

From the chatter, Id say keep your eyed open for ETL when it is released again; youd probably do well to get as much as you can.

Any idea on when it is going to be rereleased or if it's still out there?

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by alexle92 View Post
    Any idea on when it is going to be rereleased or if it's still out there?

best case scenario Ive heard was March. But it IS a BT release, so who knows?

Enthusiast

Private Barrel selections can be nice, and are about as rare as hens teeth around here.
    "Unless it survived a tornado, weathered a snow storm in Scotland, and then spent a year on boat before returning home, I'm not really interested."

Connoisseur

IIRC, EC21 came out in the fall sometime, Novemberish maybe?...

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by Quantum View Post
    Private Barrel selections can be nice, and are about as rare as hens teeth around here.
    I don't see many of these in the Dallas area, either. Wonder if it's a Texas-wide thing...

Advanced Taster

Quote Originally Posted by dcbt View Post
    I don't see many of these in the Dallas area, either. Wonder if it's a Texas-wide thing...
    Only store selects I've seen in DFW lately are the two Fox-bait Dickels, and some JD SBs, I think. Until mid-last year, I saw ETLs, but now we can't even get non-store select ETL. Seems like we'd be a good market for FR SBs, but I've never seen one outside of KY or Chicago.

On topic: It seems like JPS always has another release just around the corner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by alexle92 View Post
    Being a local store owner, I am always trying to bring in rare bourbons that are in high demand. Which specialty bourbons are going to be released in the near future (Spring)? I know FR SB, but is there anything else I should be on the look-out for? This month I was lucky to get my hands on some ECBP and EC21 (when were these originally rolled out)? Any advice on which bourbons being released soon that would be in high demand would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers,
    Alex
    I'm a little puzzled why you are asking questions on an online forum when your distributors are going to have the most complete, and most accurate, information on labels coming into your state. I know quite a few store and restaurant owners and they have access to more info than I could ever get as a consumer. Make friends and watch the price list.