Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.

Thread: Newb from CO

Advanced Taster

Newb from CO

Hello all!

I thought my first post would be most appropriate here. I've been drinking bourbon on and off for ~15 yrs. Why on and off you might ask. Admittedly my first love of all things alcohol is beer, but I have recently found myself drinking more bourbon. I figure it's my body's way of telling me what it needs the most. I've been lurking since December, and have picked up several bottles based on posts/reviews that I've read here that I've been very happy with. I've never met a bad bourbon, only some that weren't as good as the rest. My collection right now:

Bourbob/rye
    Baker's
    Blanton's x2
    BMH 16
    Breckenridge
    BT barrel select
    ER barrel select
    EC12
    EWSB '03
    Henry McKenna BIB
    PVW20
    PHC 7
    1792 barrel select
    Rittenhouse BIB DSP-1
    Baby Saz x2
    Stagg Jr x2
    THH
    WT Rye 101 (1L)
    WTRB
    Willet Rye 4yr
    Weller 12 x2

Scotch
    Lag 16
    Oban DE
    GM Ealanta x2
    Aberlour A'bunadh (batch 32)
    Talisker 10
    Cragganmore 12

Anyway, that's where I am right now. I'm looking forward to learning and exploring more and hopefully somewhere along the way I can contribute as well. Thanks for listening and nice to meet you all in advance!

Connoisseur

Re: Newb from CO

Welcome. Also, nice list you have there. As a recent joinee here, I want to warn you that, if you are like me, your list is going to grow. I'm not saying that's bad; I'm warning you that you soon may need more space. I sure did.

Guru

Hello horn, welcome aboard, a number of our newer members have made the journey back to Bourbon.
    We're Bourbon Geeks, it's who we are, it's what we do.

Taster

Quote Originally Posted by horn1602 View Post
    ...I've never met a bad bourbon, only some that weren't as good as the rest. ...
    Welcome! Couldn't agree with you more. I've met bad (under-matured, 're-finished' for effect) Scotch, but never met a bourbon that was truly bad. It's one of the aspects of bourbon that intrigued me in the first place.

Advanced Taster

Hahaha!! - Room?? Right now I have bottles in 3 different parts of the house and I'm getting all sorts of grief from the Mrs about it. She doesn't quite understand that I buy it faster than I can drink it, and often I have to or it will be gone. I moved from a place where the bourbon selection wasn't great to a place where it seems to fly off the shelves before it gets here. I've had to resort to keeping newer purchases in the trunk of my car for the room issue for the time being.

Thanks for the welcomes!

Connoisseur

Welcome aboard, horn! .... And Congratulations on your Broncos making it to the Super Bowl.
    Have FUN here, that's what it's for.

Advanced Taster

Welcome. I lurk and post occasionally. Last summer I was able to pick up several bottles of stuff I can't get in OK at Applejacks. Seemed like a pretty good store. I plan on hitting it again next time I am up that way.

Advanced Taster

Quote Originally Posted by FlounderinDC View Post
    Welcome. I lurk and post occasionally. Last summer I was able to pick up several bottles of stuff I can't get in OK at Applejacks. Seemed like a pretty good store. I plan on hitting it again next time I am up that way.
    I've been to Applejack several times. They have a pretty good selection, although I've had better luck at a few other places around town. They did have the only ETL bottle that I've come across here about 3 months ago. Haven't seen any more since.

Advanced Taster

Quote Originally Posted by horn1602 View Post
    I've been to Applejack several times. They have a pretty good selection, although I've had better luck at a few other places around town. They did have the only ETL bottle that I've come across here about 3 months ago. Haven't seen any more since.
    Yes, I got ETL there back in July. Good stuff.