Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
    Novice

NewB from NJ (just had Widow Jane)

Hello all...New to the forum from NJ. I figured I'd come out with a bang: This past weekend one of my local stores rec'd two bottles of Widow Jane so I picked one up ($60). The purists are already stirring...it's distilled in KY then sent to NY and cut with local (limestone) spring water according to the label. Long story short, it is definitely "hot" at 91proof with lots of flavor, and now there is only about an inch left in the bottle. I would have pegged it at north of 100, but I liked it enough to buy the 2nd bottle.

Have a whisky and hang...

Guru

Re: NewB from NJ (just had Widow Jane)

Drink what you like and like what you drink Whiskey, hang in there and welcome aboard.
    We're Bourbon Geeks, it's who we are, it's what we do.

Virtuoso

Quote Originally Posted by WhiskeyHang View Post
    Hello all...New to the forum from NJ. I figured I'd come out with a bang: This past weekend one of my local stores rec'd two bottles of Widow Jane so I picked one up ($60). The purists are already stirring...it's distilled in KY then sent to NY and cut with local (limestone) spring water according to the label. Long story short, it is definitely "hot" at 91proof with lots of flavor, and now there is only about an inch left in the bottle. I would have pegged it at north of 100, but I liked it enough to buy the 2nd bottle.

Not so long ago my first post here was about Widow Jane. Welcome. Bottoms up.

Taster

Quote Originally Posted by WhiskeyHang View Post

Hey from NYC......and a frequent Jersey Hunter.

Novice

Yeti- I just did a search and read through your string....very interesting and at times, borderline hostile by some. What is great is that we can all have such varying opinions and all still love bourbon. I run the full gauntlet in my whisk(e)y closet, but tonight I think I'll finish the Widow. :-)

Connoisseur

Welcome aboard 'Hang'. Have FUN here. That's what it's for.

Taster

SB user from NJ as well.Where do you generally find your best bourbon selection? I'm from the Princeton area and Joe Canal's is unbeatable in the area. I spend a lot of time in the Red Bank area as well, but haven't found a really great store near there.

Advanced Taster

I recently hunted down a bottle of Widow Jane and managed to get it to Texas.
    I think it's pretty good, though there are other things I like just as well that I can buy locally.
    but, you never know until you try. Diversity is the spice of life...
    "You Can't Buy Happiness, but you can buy Whiskey!"

Advanced Taster

I just looked at the Widow Jane site again.
    Looks like they have a new bottle for the 7-year, a long-neck bottle, as opposed to the short neck bottle I have.
    They also show some new (young) products they claim to have distilled themselves, and a pretty funny "Dregs" bottling.
    (And yes, they still have the annoying line about the 7-year being "distilled" in Red Hook).
    "You Can't Buy Happiness, but you can buy Whiskey!"