Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
    Connoisseur

Woodside Partners Reserve II - Sued by BF as well?

They better be careful...they have the words "Wood" and "Reserve" in their name!

Bourbonian of the Year 2002 and Guru

Re: Woodside Partners Reserve - Part II

You joke (because you care), but that may be very good advice. Barton can point to B-F's failure to challenge this product, which has been on the market for X years, as proof that B-F has not defended the Woodford Reserve trademark as against products using both "wood" and "reserve" in their name. That would, of course, prompt B-F to so act.

Bourbonian of the Year 2003 and Super Moderator

I don't get it. Wood has a lot to do with everyone's bourbon, I don't see how they can trademark that any more than you could, "corn", "rye" "sunshine" "air" "water" . It will be interesting to see this play out.

<font color="red"> Good God Give Jeff Porcaro Some </font>

Connoisseur

Good point One Cube.

Even more ridiculous, the 'Wood' part of Woodford Reserve has nothing to do with wood -- it's simply a reference to Woodford County, KY (just like Jefferson's Reserve is named for Jefferson County).

The back of the Barton bottle says Ridgewood is named after a still in Bardstown. I don't hear the Conecuh 'Ridge' folks complaining about Ridgewood.

Anybody notice Conecuh has a rectangular label on the bottom? And it has a batch number, just like Woodford! The nerve!

Wait...it says 'hand crafted', just like...

Omar