Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Guru

Stranahans is back in Georgia

Should anyone be interested. Just saw it on the shelf yesterday. Presumably going back into other states as well.

Stranahans.JPG
    That yella whiskey runnin' down my throat like honey dew vine water and I took another slash…

Nullum Gratuitum Prandium
    Ne Illegitimi Carborundum

Advanced Taster

Re: Stranahans is back in Georgia

I saw it in NC last week so it's showing up. I passed.

Connoisseur

Cool. Good to see it getting out of CO again.
    "There's nothing better than a fine dinner, a good bottle of whiskey and a bad girl"

Connoisseur

In SC also. I noticed the label is different but assume the whiskey is the same.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
    In SC also. I noticed the label is different but assume the whiskey is the same.
    The label is different (I think it changed a bit almost immediately after the change of ownership) as is the little metal cup but in my opinion so is the whiskey. I have a bottle of the presale whiskey as well as a newer one and had a chance to try a couple of other even earlier bottles. I think they went from a 4 barley mashbill blend to a 3 barley mashbill (although i can't confirm that) and they now make their own distillers beer where it used to be made by a local brewer. It is a bit subtle but to me the difference is evident when tried side by side in a blind taste test. I seem to prefer the "original formula".
    That yella whiskey runnin' down my throat like honey dew vine water and I took another slash…

Guru

It is in Michigan again too.
    bibamus, moriendum est
    Sipology Blog

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by tanstaafl2 View Post
    The label is different (I think it changed a bit almost immediately after the change of ownership) as is the little metal cup but in my opinion so is the whiskey. I have a bottle of the presale whiskey as well as a newer one and had a chance to try a couple of other even earlier bottles. I think they went from a 4 barley mashbill blend to a 3 barley mashbill (although i can't confirm that) and they now make their own distillers beer where it used to be made by a local brewer. It is a bit subtle but to me the difference is evident when tried side by side in a blind taste test. I seem to prefer the "original formula".
    I'm glad I have several bottles of the old stuff. A local liquor store ordered it for a customer several years ago and he died so it sat on the shelf. I picked them up a about $40 a pop.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
    I'm glad I have several bottles of the old stuff. A local liquor store ordered it for a customer several years ago and he died so it sat on the shelf. I picked them up a about $40 a pop.
    If you decide to pick up a new one and have any of the older stuff for comparison I would be curious to know what you think. A blind test is the best of course. Running about $55 here of the new ones I have seen so $40 was a good price!

Enthusiast

I wish they could/would put some of this back to get some age on it. The times I've tried I enjoyed it quite a bit for what it was, but felt some more time to develop would do it well.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by ramblinman View Post
    I wish they could/would put some of this back to get some age on it. The times I've tried I enjoyed it quite a bit for what it was, but felt some more time to develop would do it well.
    Not likely to see that happen anytime soon except perhaps for a few limited release bottles. With the re-expansion into other states they are likely pumping it out as fast as they can!