Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.

Thread: Humidor

Taster

Humidor

I'm in the market for a new Humidor that holds 50-75 cigars approximately. What are you folks using? What is it that you like or dislike about your humidor? I'm pretty open as far as price (well sort of, I probably won't spend over $150), and looks are not that important to me. Functionality and durability are. Thanks.

Enthusiast

Re: Humidor

I use a cooler. I lined it with cedar from old cigar boxes. I use Credo humidification units containing propylene glycol. I purchased a good adjustable digital hygrometer and calibrated it. I keep the unit in a closet. The hygrometer records high and low humidity and temperature. It works very well. I have cigars in it for over a year and they are perfect.

i ordered one online recently that i like. its smaller than what youre looking for, but they have larger sizes too. i seasoned it for a week and put a jar of crystals in there. humidity holds at 72 in the summer heat, or 70 if i keep the AC in the house on.

Virtuoso

Howdy: I hope you are well.

I also use a Coolerdor and also a Daniel Marshall humidor which is a bit more then you are looking to spend for a new one. IF you keep an eye on ebay you can find them from time to time. But the Coolerdor really works well, I have a pound of humidification beads in it along with some cedar and it maintains a perfect 65% humidity. PM me if you want some more information and links.

Best regards, tony

Enthusiast

Check out Craiglist and antique stores for used humidors.