Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Guru

Re: A good Irish whisky?

I would be interested in trying the new Powers as well, higher proof and NCF are both a plus.
    We're Bourbon Geeks, it's who we are, it's what we do.

Bourbonian Of The Year 2013 and Guru

Quote Originally Posted by smokinjoe View Post
    The Redbreast 12 Cask Strength is in my Top 5 All Time whiskies of any kind. I also was floored by how good the Power's John Lane was when I had it at the Gazebo in Bardstown last KBF.
    Well, I done went and picked me up a bottle of PJL, today. Sippin' on a couple of pours this evening, and I am again floored by this beautiful whiskey. Down goes Frazier!! Down goes Frazier!!! I must do a SBS with the RBCS, as I'm thinking that I may enjoy this even more?!?!?! The nose is absolute Heaven. So clean! So fresh! Freshly laundered white cotton sheets after air dried out on the clothes line. Yeah, I know, sounding like Jim Murray.... But dang it, that's what it is! Stunning. Really. And the palate and finish bring on all of the honey, toffee, and light caramel hits in absolute controlled strength. Dazzling, Dazzling whiskey!
    JOE

Wag more.
    Bark less.

"Every bottle is its own learning experience." -- Sensei Ox-sama

Disciple

I can't agree enough here the RB12 CS was top rank for me until I first tried the PJL and now I'm completely assured it is a superior whisky,at least for me it is.The Yellow Spot is divine,but availability on the other hand......for the time being.PJL just aligns so well to a bourbon drinkers palate it is a rather easy transition.
    Last edited by WAINWRIGHT; 02-28-2014 at 16:54. Reason: I'd been drinking and fully admit it
    "To deny our own impulses is to deny the very thing that makes us human."
    Larry Wachowski

Guru

The Redbreast 12 Cask Strength is in my Top 5 All Time whiskies of any kind. I also was floored by how good the Power's John Lane was when I had it at the Gazebo in Bardstown last KBF.
    Well, I done went and picked me up a bottle of PJL, today. Sippin' on a couple of pours this evening, and I am again floored by this beautiful whiskey. Down goes Frazier!! Down goes Frazier!!! I must do a SBS with the RBCS, as I'm thinking that I may enjoy this even more?!?!?! The nose is absolute Heaven. So clean! So fresh! Freshly laundered white cotton sheets after air dried out on the clothes line. Yeah, I know, sounding like Jim Murray.... But dang it, that's what it is! Stunning. Really. And the palate and finish bring on all of the honey, toffee, and light caramel hits in absolute controlled strength. Dazzling, Dazzling whiskey!
    Quote Originally Posted by WAINWRIGHT View Post
    I can't agree enough here the RB12 CS was top rank for me until I first tried the PJL and now I completely assured it is a superior whisky,at least for me it is.The Yellow Spot is divine but availability on the other hand......for the time being and PJL just aligns so well to a bourbon drinkers palate it is a rather easy transition.
    Well, all that arm twistin' from you guys, and now I've just gone and purchased bottles of RB12 CS, PJL (x2) and Greenspot (x2) to go along with my sittin'-there-lonely bottle of Yellow Spot. I'll leave it to you guys to explain the bill to my wife!
    "I distrust a man who says 'when.' He's got to be careful not to drink too much, because he's not to be trusted when he does." Sydney Greenstreet

Quote Originally Posted by unclebunk View Post
    Well, all that arm twistin' from you guys, and now I've just gone and purchased bottles of RB12 CS, PJL (x2) and Greenspot (x2) to go along with my sittin'-there-lonely bottle of Yellow Spot. I'll leave it to you guys to explain the bill to my wife!
    I got my own splainin' to do, Hank! You're on your own with that one, my friend!
    JOE

Wag more.
    Bark less.

Guru

I got my own splainin' to do, Hank! You're on your own with that one, my friend!
    Hey, I got a solution, bro. I'll explain it to your wife and you explain it to mine, and those lovely ladies will be too polite to raise their voices at complete strangers. Problem solved! (Man, it sure does pay to be deep thinkers like us, eh Joe?)
    "I distrust a man who says 'when.' He's got to be careful not to drink too much, because he's not to be trusted when he does." Sydney Greenstreet

Quote Originally Posted by unclebunk View Post
    Hey, I got a solution, bro. I'll explain it to your wife and you explain it to mine, and those lovely ladies will be too polite to raise their voices at complete strangers. Problem solved! (Man, it sure does pay to be deep thinkers like us, eh Joe?)
    Perfect! There's nothing we can't figger out when we put our brainz together. .

My monger is bringing in a bottle of Greenspot for me...so...I'll be needing more help soon...
    JOE

Wag more.
    Bark less.

Guru

I tried the Tullamore Dew Phoenix and it exceeded expectations. I would like to try the Green/Yellow/Red Spots as well at some point.
    ¡Geaux Tigers! - ¡Visca el Barça!

"Really though, my hands are sore. The tool was doing it's thing with a flex hose." -Barrel_Proof

Advanced Taster

I really enjoy Jameson Select Reserve. Big step up from regular Jameson. Very well blended (balanced bourbon cask with sherry cask)...it tastes like Green Spot mixed with well aged grain whisky.

Guru

My monger is bringing in a bottle of Greenspot for me...so...I'll be needing more help soon...
    More help explainin'...or more help drinkin'? I always fancied a trip to Atlanta. You do have a fold-out couch, don't ya?