Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 46

Guru

Re: 46

I am also a fan of the 46.
    bibamus, moriendum est
    Sipology Blog

Connoisseur

Count me as a fan. Well worth the price if it's under $30.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

Connoisseur

Reading all this feedback makes me want to get a bottle of the 46 to try out. I don't care for the regular MM at all to the point of not being able to get past the first sip. If it's as different as you all are describing, I'll have to give it a go!
    - H

Virtuoso

Quote Originally Posted by smokinjoe View Post
    I like regular MM, and also enjoy the 46. They seem like totally different whiskies to me, though. The 46 seems less like a wheater, and more like a rye bourbon to my palate. Particularly, on the finish. The extra wood finishing definitely gives the whiskey more sizzle and pop.
    Agree with this assessment. Not sure I could pick it blind as wheated, but really enjoy it.
    They say some of my stars drink whiskey, but I have found that ones who drink milkshakes don't win many ball games-Casey Stengel

Enthusiast

I keep a bottle around--$35 is about the lowest price I get it at here. Just had a pour to confirm--yes, it is good. Much better than the standard MM imo.

Advanced Taster

I like the regular MM, mostly because it's the best you can get in some restaurants and I've grown used to it. But, I don't keep a bottle on my bar. But, I like the 46 much better and almost always have a bottle of that one open on my bar.

Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by smokinjoe View Post
    I like regular MM, and also enjoy the 46. They seem like totally different whiskies to me, though. The 46 seems less like a wheater, and more like a rye bourbon to my palate. Particularly, on the finish. The extra wood finishing definitely gives the whiskey more sizzle and pop.
    This highlights, at least for me, how subjective tasting is. I feel that standard Makers is actually a solid, if not inspiring wheater. 46 has grown on me, but it certainly strikes me as existing within the MM Wheater profile.

And I will admit, it has recently become a guilty pleasure of mine. And I say "guilty" mainly because I feel that a MM line extension should have been approached with more respect, and different execution, than 46.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by White Dog View Post
    I feel that a MM line extension should have been approached with more respect, and different execution, than 46.
    visually its a beautiful presentation. I was surprised how much better it was than regular MM, but a bit higher in proof wouldve been nicer.....say, 100?

Virtuoso

Count me as a fan of this as well. Although I will admit in Michigan it is about same price as FRSB and 9 times out of 10 I would buy that instead.

Best regards, Tony

Enthusiast

I definitely find it more flavorful than the standard MM.