There are probably not too many that have had the opportunity to sit down and have a one-on-one talk with the Master Distillers as I have. I am very fortunate to have had this privlidge. I have talked for hours on end with Jimmy Russell of WT, William Friel of Barton, and Elmer T. Lee of Buffalo Trace. Talking to these men lets one know there is a whole lot more about bourbon than you realize. For instance, I asked Jimmy Russell where the chocolate comes from and he told me from the barrel, but it is more than that, which I will get into later. Probably the most in-depth discussion came between me and Bill Friel of VOB. This man's knowledge is remarkable. I have learned more from him than anyone else, as Bill happens to be a close friend of mine. I have introduced him to others in hopes that bourbon can be better understood and with straightbourbon.com created by Jim Butler there is no doubt that the message will get across. There is so much I would like to say, but it is unnecessary, as all you have to do is look through all the tasting notes that appear on straightbourbon.com than you will realize - that bourbon is without a doubt the best drink on earth. It is the only one that I know of that you can drink, cook, talk about, tell folklore about and enjoy. I thank you, Bill Friel, Jimmy Russell, Elmer T. Lee and Greg Davis for giving me the time to share your knowledge with all.

And by the way, the chocolate comes from the barrel, but only special barrels that has the oldest and slowest growing oak and when the barrels are charred there is an excess of the amount of carmel that comes out. When this happens, you get the chocolate.

Enjoy the next bourbon you are having. It's a master's gift to bourbon lovers. The next drink I am having is to all .

Cheers,
Marvin