Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
    Apprentice

Old Forrester 86

I've been sipping on Old Forrester 86 (current production) and find it very sweet, lots of corn and very palatable, neat or with Coke. Would like to try some of the "Birthday Bourbon." Thoughts?

Advanced Taster

Re: Old Forrester 86

Haven't tried the 86, but yes, if you can find the '13 birthday bourbon get two. If you don't find it acceptable, PM me and I'll dispose of them for you.

Guru

I might try some Old Forrester Signature as well - I think the OFBB tends to be closer to that in proof, although is a considerable step up. Unfortunately the price has been climbing right along with it.
    Gary
    =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
    "Too much of anything is bad, but too much of good whiskey is barely enough." - Mark Twain
    "Because Whiskey Matters!" - David Perkins

Enthusiast

I like the brand. The 86 is simple, sweet and easy. I like to sip on the Signature - it is more flavorful and complex. The Birthday Bourbons are fantastic. Essentially ~100 proof bourbons aged for 12 years at a decent price. Can't go wrong! Vintages do vary though. The 2013 has been considered the best lately. Me? I preferred the 2012. So YMMV. However, if you like the 86, then you'll definitely like the Birthday!

Bourbonian Of The Year 2013 and Guru

Quote Originally Posted by zillah View Post
    I like the brand. The 86 is simple, sweet and easy. I like to sip on the Signature - it is more flavorful and complex. The Birthday Bourbons are fantastic. Essentially ~100 proof bourbons aged for 12 years at a decent price. Can't go wrong! Vintages do vary though. The 2013 has been considered the best lately. Me? I preferred the 2012. So YMMV. However, if you like the 86, then you'll definitely like the Birthday!
    Zillah could be speaking for me nearly word for word. I knew he was a brilliant man!

The 86pr, and particularly the 100pr, are great value picks. They also are whiskies that I like to have in the fridge, as they accept a chill quite well.
    JOE

Wag more.
    Bark less.

"Every bottle is its own learning experience." -- Sensei Ox-sama

Connoisseur

If one likes a 'woody', thick Bourbon; get ahold of a bottle of '12 B'Day Bourbon.
    One of my alltime faves. They don't give it away; but, if that's the sort of thing that hits you, then it's a great one.
    I don't think the '13 is quite as woody, therefor many like it better. I don't; though it's certainly a fine pour.

Apprentice

I haven't seen anything here in Tallahassee other than the 86. I'll keep a lookout for the Signature and Birthday Bourbon when I travel. I have put some in the fridge to sample after dinner...like this bourbon.