Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 82 of 191 FirstFirst ... 3272808182838492132182 ... LastLast
    Bourbonian Of The Year 2013 and Guru

Re: What Bourbon Are You Drinking - Spring 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Richnimrod View Post
    I had a very nice, and quite unique pour yesterday to unwind from dealing with the passing of my father in the wee small hours.
    I poured the blend of all eight barrels sampled at barrel proof, at Four Roses during the GBS Barrel Pick over the weekend just passed.
    Wow!!! I expect great things from our selected barrel(s), since this mingle included all the losers as well, and was just lovely once it opened up after some ice melted into it. Very satisfying; and it did the trick, so to speak. Thanx to Joe and the rest of the gang that worked to make this happen; and special thanx to Jim Rutledge for all the commentary and guidance during this fun event. He's a special guy, for sure.
    I am sorry to hear about the loss of your father, Rich. I'll join you in pouring a mingling of the barrels, and raise a toast to your dad's memory.
    JOE

Wag more.
    Bark less.

"Every bottle is its own learning experience." -- Sensei Ox-sama

Connoisseur

I had a very nice, and quite unique pour yesterday to unwind from dealing with the passing of my father in the wee small hours.
    I poured the blend of all eight barrels sampled at barrel proof, at Four Roses during the GBS Barrel Pick over the weekend just passed.
    Wow!!! I expect great things from our selected barrel(s), since this mingle included all the losers as well, and was just lovely once it opened up after some ice melted into it. Very satisfying; and it did the trick, so to speak. Thanx to Joe and the rest of the gang that worked to make this happen; and special thanx to Jim Rutledge for all the commentary and guidance during this fun event. He's a special guy, for sure.
    Sorry for your loss. I didn't see the post yesterday, came on to post what I was drinking tonight. It just doesn't seem that important now. First, I'll raise my glass. Second, I think I'll call my dad.

Connoisseur

Sorry to hear bout your loss Rich.
    - H

Disciple

Rich, I'm sorry for your loss.
    Jack
    GBS Member #3 (Sorry Dawn!)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pieface
    I think i'm god but I'll get a confirmation and go from there

Disciple

Pouring some OWA tonight.
    Jack
    GBS Member #3 (Sorry Dawn!)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pieface
    I think i'm god but I'll get a confirmation and go from there

Enthusiast

Replaced my recently departed Old Forester Birthday Bourbon '13 with a fresh Parker's Heritage Promise of Hope. The initial taste didn't go well. It struck me as a medley of EC12 and Henry McKenna 10, but not as smooth as either. I let the bottle sit open for about an hour and a half, and it appears to have opened up a good bit. After an initial glass, it remained astringent and had a bit of "copper penny" finish, so I decided tonight wasn't a bourbon night. I'll come back to it when I'm in the mood.
    Eric

Disciple

I'm very sorry to hear this and something we all someday will face my sincerest condolences on the passing of your father.
    "To deny our own impulses is to deny the very thing that makes us human."
    Larry Wachowski

Connoisseur

A toast in memory of your father Rich, and my deepest sympathy to you and yours.

Connoisseur

Having a pour of Booker's 2013-7.
    - H

Connoisseur

A toast to you and your father Rich. I'm raising a glass of SB blend. It hasn't hit the right notes the last few times, but is right on tonight. It knew to bring the best in honor of a good life.