Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 83 of 191 FirstFirst ... 3373818283848593133183 ... LastLast
    Connoisseur

Re: What Bourbon Are You Drinking - Spring 2014

Not wishing to steer this thread off topic for too long, I'll say; "Thank You" to all the folks who expressed condolences and/or are thinking of doing so. No more are necessary.
    Please know that Dad was a Bourbon fan all his life (having started out in Golden Pond KY), and is now enjoying all the pours that his Scottish nature wouldn't allow him to drink in life. He must be having a wonderful time up there. Again, Thanx!

Guru

Enjoying a nice pour of Noah's Mill this evening. I'd also like to thank everyone for their condolences to Rich. I'm sure my grandpa is sucking up MORE than his fair share of the angel's share, and just hope he saves some for the rest of us!
    Gary
    =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
    "Too much of anything is bad, but too much of good whiskey is barely enough." - Mark Twain
    "Because Whiskey Matters!" - David Perkins

Connoisseur

Working on a 50/50 blend of VSOF and Stagg Jr. Got a little carried away with the pour (at roughly four fingers), so wish me luck!

Taster

Sitting on the deck with some EC21 that I never really appreciated, so I let it sit for a few months before coming back to it. After drinking a lot of other Heaven Hill products in the interim, I think I can finally appreciate it for what it is, rather than previously fixating on what it wasn't, namely, as good as PVW20. So although the price tag was steep, I feel like I am finally getting my money's worth.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Advanced Taster

Finishing off a bottle of ETL tonight but it's a healthy pour and tastes great, as per my usual experience with ETL.

Guru

On vacation this week so a trip down to the bunker is a perfect stay-cation activity.
    I couldn't make up my mind between 2 Binny's selections.
    The Four Roses Barrel Strength OESO or the OBSK.
    I couldn't decide so I brought back up both to save myself a future trip down to the bunker.
    Yeah it's only a half dozen steps or so but a man has to make every minute count even on stay-cation.
    ovh

Quote Originally Posted by OscarV View Post
    On vacation this week so a trip down to the bunker is a perfect stay-cation activity.
    I couldn't make up my mind between 2 Binny's selections.
    The Four Roses Barrel Strength OESO or the OBSK.
    I couldn't decide so I brought back up both to save myself a future trip down to the bunker.
    Yeah it's only a half dozen steps or so but a man has to make every minute count even on stay-cation.
    Nice Oscar. The shortest distance between two points…… Enjoy your FR's, and the rest of your vacation too.

Cheers! Joe
    " I never met a Weller I didn't like"

Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Richnimrod View Post
    Not wishing to steer this thread off topic for too long, I'll say; "Thank You" to all the folks who expressed condolences and/or are thinking of doing so. No more are necessary.
    Please know that Dad was a Bourbon fan all his life (having started out in Golden Pond KY), and is now enjoying all the pours that his Scottish nature wouldn't allow him to drink in life. He must be having a wonderful time up there. Again, Thanx!
    Always necessary Rich. Sorry for your loss and having a little of that 8 barrel 4R blend in his honor tonight.
    Thad

BTOTY-2011

Disciple

I agree Thad. It is always necessary to share condolences in times of personal loss. Rich and Gary, I wish you and your family peace and pleasant memories. I too am drinking a "favorite" in your father/grandfather's honor...Smooth Ambler 8-Year Cask Strength. I am thinking about what fathers mean (or in my case, meant) in our lives.

Connoisseur

TPS AAA, why oh why didn't I buy more of this. Second pour of Barterhouse getting some air while I enjoy the AAA. I like the Barterhouse, not sure if I like it $75 though.