Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
    Virtuoso

My daily pour or if this is cheaper, what is my new daily pour

I was thinking today, as I was reading the discussion on Blanton's being over priced in the OWA shortage thread such as in comparison to ETL, could that if something is cheaper, it would be someone's preference.

I was thinking for myself, what would that be. I normally just buy and drink what I like and it's usually availability that prevent me from buying it not really how expensive or cheap. But let's keep it reasonable so nothing like if PVW23 is $50 . . .

So at this moment, what is or could be your daily pour if so and so is at this price for anything below this price. I know our preference are different but within your own selection, availability in your location, and your price comfort zone, what is your thoughts.

I'll start and my answer is that I don't see anything beating ECBP or SB Blend for me and they are priced just fine. I don't know at the moment what cost less than $75 or even $100 that I would prefer to drink daily over this that is somewhat easy to obtain. Fortunately, for me right now, I have enough bunker to last a little while.

Perhaps, this thread will help us go outside our own comfort zone and try something new.

Guru

Re: My daily pour or if this is cheaper, what is my new daily pour

Are you asking what our favorites are or what our second favorites are? I just wanted to make sure I understood you.
    I've never tried GTS with any sort of soda. Maybe I'm missing out; but I'm OK with that.

Virtuoso

Quote Originally Posted by smknjoe View Post
    Are you asking what our favorites are or what our second favorites are? I just wanted to make sure I understood you.
    Hahaha.

Yes, what's your current favorite or if something is a little cheaper what would that favorite would be.

Enthusiast

I want my daily pour to be lazy... no experimenting with blends (except when it's "prescribed" like SB blend) or addition of water/ice; and I prefer something in the 90-100 proof range to casually drink neat. To that end, my favorite pop-n-pour bourbons right now are PHC 7th, FR SmB LE 2013 and SB Blend.

I would buy a lot more PHC 7th if it was in the $60-70 range. The FR is outrageously good and is priced right for its quality, just wish I could get more. The SB Blend is a downright bargain.

Guru

I know it's hard to do, but I wish people would leave price out of the equation when discussing taste. On taste alone and considering only "currently" (made within the last ~10 years) offerings that are not "one-offs" my dailies would be ORVW/107, ECBP, FR barrel proof, VWFRR, and I'll throw ETL and OWA in there too.
    I've never tried GTS with any sort of soda. Maybe I'm missing out; but I'm OK with that.

Virtuoso

I know it's hard to do, but I wish people would leave price out of the equation when discussing taste. On taste alone and considering only "currently" (made within the last ~10 years) offerings that are not "one-offs" my dailies would be ORVW/107, ECBP, FR barrel proof, VWFRR, and I'll throw ETL and OWA in there too.
    i would take any of those as well. Though this thread is leading me back to the "please re-boot Weller Centennial" theme as a 10/100 wheater is my perfect bourbon for a daily pour(and probably why the SB blend is so popular).
    They say some of my stars drink whiskey, but I have found that ones who drink milkshakes don't win many ball games-Casey Stengel

Advanced Taster

RHF, if it was cheaper it would be my daily pour.

Advanced Taster

FR Private Selections usually run $55-$60 here. The quality/price ratio on those are great, but it's still too expensive to drink every time I feel the itch. If they were $40-$45 they'd be my daily pour. Predictably good, but each barrel is different enough to keep me interested.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Connoisseur

I guess my ideal 'daily pour' could be Henry McKenna 10-year Single barrel BIB, if it were $10 cheaper (I'm a skinflint by nature and heritage, being part Dutch, part Scottish).
    Hell; if I actually drank a pour every day, I'd probably enjoy it less, and want it even cheaper than that!

Connoisseur

I think the whole "daily pour" concept implies that price is a factor. If it was taste alone, my favorite whiskies would be daily pours.