Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
Results 91 to 97 of 97
  1. #91
    Advanced Taster
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Oxford, MS
    Posts
    115

    Re: My daily pour or if this is cheaper, what is my new daily pour

    My "daily" pour varies greatly with my mood, but the one i always come back to that never fails is ER10. I love it. I keep extra around always. If it was cheaper and more readily available i could live with having GTS as a daily pour though.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  2. #92
    Connoisseur
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Toledo, OH
    Posts
    949

    Re: My daily pour or if this is cheaper, what is my new daily pour

    My daily pour used to be one of what I call The Big Three: AAA 10YO, VOB BIB 6YO, and OWA. Now that two of the three are gone, I have been doing a conscientious search for replacements. So far, I have only purchased four handles of EW BIB but I think it is making a strong case for itself. Further review is required.
    If God made anything better than bourbon he must have kept it for Hisself.

  3. #93
    Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    313

    Re: My daily pour or if this is cheaper, what is my new daily pour

    My go to would have to be HH6 BIB. I can drink it neat or use it in cocktails. OGD 114 for sure.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  4. #94
    Guru
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Louisville, KY
    Posts
    2,876

    Re: My daily pour or if this is cheaper, what is my new daily pour

    Quote Originally Posted by chrisg View Post
    My go to would have to be HH6 BIB. I can drink it neat or use it in cocktails. OGD 114 for sure.



    I second that! I find myself with a pour of that almost nightly! Love the balance of sweetness and subtle rye notes.

  5. #95
    Advanced Taster
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Exile on Tonghuajie
    Posts
    200

    Re: My daily pour or if this is cheaper, what is my new daily pour

    Quote Originally Posted by Flyfish View Post
    My daily pour used to be one of what I call The Big Three: AAA 10YO, VOB BIB 6YO, and OWA. Now that two of the three are gone, I have been doing a conscientious search for replacements. So far, I have only purchased four handles of EW BIB but I think it is making a strong case for itself. Further review is required.
    How would you compare the BIB to the 1783?

  6. #96
    Guru
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Jackson, MS
    Posts
    13,033

    Re: My daily pour or if this is cheaper, what is my new daily pour

    If I may jump in, being well acquainted with both, 1783 is rounder and a bit more complex, the BIB has more of an edge and with it's higher proof more straight forward yet simpler flavor. 1783 is a running back, BIB a lineman.
    We're Bourbon Geeks, it's who we are, it's what we do.

  7. #97
    Connoisseur
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Toledo, OH
    Posts
    949

    Re: My daily pour or if this is cheaper, what is my new daily pour

    Quote Originally Posted by squire View Post
    If I may jump in, being well acquainted with both, 1783 is rounder and a bit more complex, the BIB has more of an edge and with it's higher proof more straight forward yet simpler flavor. 1783 is a running back, BIB a lineman.
    Yep. I think you nailed it. With the last handle of EW BIB, I also bought a handle of 1783 because sometimes I feel like a nut, sometimes I don't.
    If God made anything better than bourbon he must have kept it for Hisself.

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Daily Con$umption of Bourbon? How Much Is Your Pour Costing You?
    By JamesW in forum General Bourbon Discussion
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 05-03-2008, 22:06
  2. What's is your daily Pour?
    By Sycamore Tree in forum New to Straightbourbon
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 06-10-2007, 03:12
  3. Daily pour replacement :confused:
    By slowsipper in forum General Bourbon Discussion
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 10-02-2004, 11:51

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Back to top