Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 34 of 51 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast
    Guru

Re: What beer are you drinking, Spring 14?

Stone Go To IPA. More flavor than most session beers, but still not sure why session beers. Think ill just pound some Radlers if I want tasty low ABV pours from here on out.

Connoisseur

Having a well deserved Zombie Dust after mowing the lawn.

Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by whiskeyagonzo View Post
    I'm older,fatter and much sweatier I had two!
    "To deny our own impulses is to deny the very thing that makes us human."
    Larry Wachowski

Advanced Taster

The missus and I are both having a Founder's Rubaeus tonight. It's the only beer she will drink.

I also had the good fortune to visit Perrin's in Grand Rapids on Thursday. I had a glass of their bourbon barrel aged Malted Milk Ball Porter and it was every bit as delicious as I remember it to be. I rate this beer right up there will KBS, Bell's Black Note and Bourbon County Stout. I left there with a growler and howler of the Malted Milk Ball Porter and buried them deep in my cellar.

Virtuoso

Stella Artois from a can. Nothing special. But after watching HBO's True Detective I suddenly want to carve stick figures out of the empty cans.

Guru

Sam Adams Baltic IPA after I found it on a clearance shelf at half price. Picked up a few bombers and it's as good as I remembered it to be, though a bit heavy now that the warm weather has arrived.
    "I distrust a man who says 'when.' He's got to be careful not to drink too much, because he's not to be trusted when he does." Sydney Greenstreet

Guru

The Z Dust really hits the spot, eh? We went on a Three Floyds kick last week with tons of Z Dust, Alpha King, Gumballhead and Pride & Joy, all excellent though the last was my least favorite if I had to rank them.
    "I distrust a man who says 'when.' He's got to be careful not to drink too much, because he's not to be trusted when he does." Sydney Greenstreet

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by unclebunk View Post
    The Z Dust really hits the spot, eh? We went on a Three Floyds kick last week with tons of Z Dust, Alpha King, Gumballhead and Pride & Joy, all excellent though the last was my least favorite if I had to rank them.
    ZD is the clear winner for me. GBH would be second. I wish I could say I went on a kick and drank tons of ZD. It's a miracle to find any down here. A coworker was traveling and picked these up for me in Munster.

Virtuoso

MrsMosugoji and I met a friend at San Tan Brewery in Chandler Friday night. Their Moon Juice Wheat IPA was delicious. Followed that with a Hop Shock IPA that was good as well, but I kept thinking back to the Moon Juice. Would love to go back for a growler but it would be hard to justify given the amount of beer I've stockpiled lately!
    -Brian-

"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."
    -Agent Kay

Guru

ZD is the clear winner for me. GBH would be second. I wish I could say I went on a kick and drank tons of ZD. It's a miracle to find any down here. A coworker was traveling and picked these up for me in Munster.
    Some of these are readily available around here, others are not. Like you, I have a friend who works in Indiana from time to time who picks the stuff up for me when he passes the brewery and/or liquor stores in the Munster area. He and I are now whipping up batches of homebrew and have had our hand at a Zombie Dust clone that gave a pretty fair approximation of the real thing, so that has carried us through ZD droughts when the stuff just can't be found.