Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Connoisseur

Ardbeg Supernova Returns

Credit where credit is due

I have yet to taste the earlier bottlings of Supernova, but color me interested. Given that at least part of the whisky is sherried, it seems likely that it will bear at least a passing resemblance to Uigeadail. I strongly prefer Ardbeg 10 and Corryvreckan to Uigeadail, but it is certainly good whisky. I actually think the higher PPM malt used in this vs. Oogie might swing Supernova more toward my taste preferences. I guess the real question is, will this "Committee" release precede a wider release ala Alligator, or will they be keeping it in the family?
    Eric

Guru

Re: Ardbeg Supernova Returns

I think personal moisture levels just squeegeed up a tad at that news...
    ¡Geaux Tigers! - ¡Visca el Barça!

"Really though, my hands are sore. The tool was doing it's thing with a flex hose." -Barrel_Proof

Virtuoso

Peat and sherry go together like peanut butter and jelly. This sounds like Ardbeg Day, which is my favorite Ardbeg. Just a little worried that this will come in north of the $125 SN2010 was rather than in the $90 range Day was.
    "A man comes from the dust and in the dust he will end-- In the meantime it is good to drink whiskey."
    -->WhiskeyWonka<--

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by AaronWF View Post
    Peat and sherry go together like peanut butter and jelly. This sounds like Ardbeg Day, which is my favorite Ardbeg. Just a little worried that this will come in north of the $125 SN2010 was rather than in the $90 range Day was.
    I'm probably exposing my ignorance of the scotch industry here, but how did you get ahold of Ardbeg Day? My understanding of it was that it was a Festival only release that didn't make it too far off Islay.

At any rate, if Supernova is at all attainable and under around $150, I will at least consider buying if the reviews are good.
    Eric

Advanced Taster

Quote Originally Posted by garbanzobean View Post
    I'm probably exposing my ignorance of the scotch industry here, but how did you get ahold of Ardbeg Day? My understanding of it was that it was a Festival only release that didn't make it too far off Islay.

At any rate, if Supernova is at all attainable and under around $150, I will at least consider buying if the reviews are good.
    Ardbeg Day, along with Alligator and Ardbog were made available for US distribution. With the exception of Ardbog, the others didn't last very long.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by chrisg View Post
    Ardbeg Day, along with Alligator and Ardbog were made available for US distribution. With the exception of Ardbog, the others didn't last very long.

Interesting. I didn't see a single bottle of Ardbeg Day out in MD. We typically get a significant quantity of the Ardbeg limited releases.
    Eric

Advanced Taster

I had to purchase mine online from NJ. I never saw any in Ohio.

Virtuoso

I bought one off the shelf in Chicago. By the time I realized I loved it, it was long gone. Thankfully, I was recently able to obtain two more through trade.
    "A man comes from the dust and in the dust he will end-- In the meantime it is good to drink whiskey."
    -->WhiskeyWonka<--

Guru

I tried an Ardbeg Feis Ile @ our last PacNW shindig and it knocked my socks off - cask strength Ardbeg matured in PX... Whisky PB&J as Aaron put it - I'm hoping this new SuperNova shares the same profile as that Feis bottling.
    ¡Geaux Tigers! - ¡Visca el Barça!

"Really though, my hands are sore. The tool was doing it's thing with a flex hose." -Barrel_Proof

Taster

I'll have to look for it.
    To get back my youth I would do anything in the world, except take exercise, get up early, or be respectable.
    Oscar Wilde (1854 - 1900)