Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 33 of 39 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 ... LastLast
    Advanced Taster

Re: Which Water of Life Did You Purchase Today?-Spring 2014

Quote Originally Posted by BootsOnTheGround View Post
    Dude, nice work! Remember seeing a couple Mac Cask's out on the W coast for around $90 IIRC when I was out there earlier this year. Had to leave them cause the suitcase was full. Glad others are still picking them off the shelves. Just curious, what's the ABV on those?
    I'm looking forward to trying the Mac CS soon. The ones I bought is 60.1 abv. All the ones available locally were the same.

Connoisseur

I just picked up some bottles from K&L including a Bowmore, Glenlivet, and Benrinnes. Looking forward to trying them when I get back home.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Jorgemu1 View Post
    I have yet to try any of the Nikka offerings. I too have yet to be disappointed by any Japanese whisky that tried. I snagged a bottle of the Yamazaki 18 for $130 not too long ago. Now it's $199 these days. $285 is just plain ridiculous!
    The Yamazaki 18 is certainly excellent (I liked it as well or better than the Nikka Taketsuru 21) but $285 is just absurd. It is likely pushing close to $200 here as well and is no longer on my buy list either. I got one bottle a while back (maybe 2 years at most) for under $100 and then picked up a second one for $125 when the price started to get ridiculous but that will apparently be my last one!
    That yella whiskey runnin' down my throat like honey dew vine water and I took another slash…

Nullum Gratuitum Prandium
    Ne Illegitimi Carborundum

Connoisseur

Ahh hell. I randomly ran into and purchased a bottle of Glen Garioch 1991 batch 38. I have peat addiction issues.
    Eric

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by garbanzobean View Post
    Ahh hell. I randomly ran into and purchased a bottle of Glen Garioch 1991 batch 38. I have peat addiction issues.
    You seem perfectly normal to me.
    ¡Geaux Tigers! - ¡Visca el Barça!

"Really though, my hands are sore. The tool was doing it's thing with a flex hose." -Barrel_Proof

Novice

Thumbs up Re: Which Water of Life Did You Purchase Today?-Spring 2014

[QUOTE=garbanzobean;410405]I know Total Wine also has a Battle Hill bottling of Mortlach @ 14yrs and 43% abv. Unless I hear some pretty amazing things about that one, I'll be giving it a pass. I may take a leap of faith on a similar bottle by G&M (might be a few years older), since Ralfy seems to at least partially recommend G&M's non CS Mortlach offerings. He had a significantly older bottling, though (21 yrs vs 16 or 17 I think)./QUOTE]

Recently purchased the Battlehill Mortlach 14 at TW&L with the help of a $15 discount coupon upon purchasing at least $75 worth of spirits. It's an excellent non-peated single malt that I've been nursing along these past few nights. For my money however, the G&M bottling of the Linkwood 15 was the best I've encountered this year although it's significantly pricier than the BM 14. I've become convinced that if one desires a quality single malt at a comparative budget price, you cannot go wrong with the Bunnahaibhain 12 (46.3% ABV), $43 at your TW&L.

Advanced Taster

Which Water of Life Did You Purchase Today?-Spring 2014

I picked up a bottle of Johnnie Walker Green Label before the stores are out.

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by chrisg View Post
    I picked up a bottle of Johnnie Walker Green Label before the stores are out.
    I put a couple bottles of that and the age stated gold away a couple years ago on sale when they announced the end of both product lines. I like them pretty well, and figure I'll hold onto them for 10-15 years. The green I'll probably drink both of. I might give the golds as gifts.
    Eric

Virtuoso

Talisker 10. Have a Longrow peated open at the moment, figured I'd put this one on deck.

Bourbonian Of The Year 2013 and Guru

Saw a pile of older Glenmorangie various wood finished bottles, but was disappointed that no Port Wood were among them. So, took a flyer on a Burgandy Wood finished, as a substitute.
    JOE

Wag more.
    Bark less.

"Every bottle is its own learning experience." -- Sensei Ox-sama