Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 28 of 113 FirstFirst ... 1826272829303878 ... LastLast
    Guru

Re: What bourbon did you pass up today? Spring 2014

Quote Originally Posted by P&MLiquorsEric View Post
    If it's from diagio and successful, you can count on a significant annual price increase. This year, bulleit, Crown, JW and Bulleit all had big increases.

i vote with my wallet!
    Think about how stupid the average person is.....then realize that half of them are more stupid than that.

Virtuoso

I also passed on the Dickel 9 and everything else, including Willett FE 20, OFSB, SAOS, and regular Bookers. Just too much in the bunker at present.

Did not see a single RHF, Blanton's or ETL.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Paddy View Post
    I also passed on the Dickel 9

you didnt notice the price, did you? if under $50, ill try one of the new batches and maybe stockpile it too. at least with last year's batch, when Im in the mood for it, there is nothing better. It is a peculiar profile though, that Im only in the mood for from time to time, and lasts quite a while. I know Ive read a good deal of mixed reviews on here about it, which had made me wonder if the sales volume would discourage Diageo from making a 2014 batch available......guess not!

I dont really care about the age statement, I just think the 103 proof is spot on. Dickel 12 is okay, but always felt a bit 'light'.
    Think about how stupid the average person is.....then realize that half of them are more stupid than that.

Virtuoso

Quote Originally Posted by 393foureyedfox View Post
    you didnt notice the price, did you? if under $50, ill try one of the new batches and maybe stockpile it too. at least with last year's batch, when Im in the mood for it, there is nothing better. It is a peculiar profile though, that Im only in the mood for from time to time, and lasts quite a while. I know Ive read a good deal of mixed reviews on here about it, which had made me wonder if the sales volume would discourage Diageo from making a 2014 batch available......guess not!

I dont really care about the age statement, I just think the 103 proof is spot on. Dickel 12 is okay, but always felt a bit 'light'.
    I think it was $49 Doug. Didn't see any 12 yo but did see quite a bit of the Cascade Hollow stuff on the shelf as well. P

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Paddy View Post
    I think it was $49 Doug. Didn't see any 12 yo but did see quite a bit of the Cascade Hollow stuff on the shelf as well. P
    good. this is the one whiskey so far that id like to make sure i can enjoy for decades to come. maybe a case will make its way home sometime this year then. but, Im gonna try one first....single barrel and all.

Guru

Boatloads of overpriced Willetts and I never had to leave my desk to do it. Feels good!

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by MyOldKyDram View Post
    Boatloads of overpriced Willetts and I never had to leave my desk to do it. Feels good!

making people wait 2 years to get their selections and then significantly raising the prices is not a good business model, in my mind at least.

Virtuoso

Passed on Woodford for $29.99 today. Heck of a good price duly noted, but not my cup of tea.

Quote Originally Posted by MyOldKyDram View Post
    LOL yeah. I bought that one. My how things have changed in two short years.
    Conversed with willett via email today. LB selected those barrels in march 2013. We also selected ours about that time. We should expect ours in the next 90 days.

Don't know pricing yet and I am not holding my breath.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by P&MLiquorsEric View Post
    Conversed with willett via email today. LB selected those barrels in march 2013. We also selected ours about that time. We should expect ours in the next 90 days.

Don't know pricing yet and I am not holding my breath.
    are you contractually obligated to buy them, even if they dump some insane price on you?