Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 27 of 111 FirstFirst ... 1725262728293777 ... LastLast
    Advanced Taster

Re: What bourbon did you pass up today? Spring 2014

Quote Originally Posted by pmirish View Post
    Definitely go back for the SAOS. it's at least 20-30 more at shops around me.
    I sell it for $9 more at the distillery! That's a deal.

Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by DeadEye09 View Post
    Passed up a Smooth Ambler Old Scout 10 ($39), and a Bowman Brothers ($29) and John J. Bowman($49)....

The prices seemed good but I don't know enough about them to pull the trigger (I was already getting some ER and ETL!)

Any word on the 3 I passed up? I might go back next week.
    Haven't tried the Bowmans but SAOS is fantastic and that is a great price.

Virtuoso

Woodford Single Malts on sale 2 for $100. Store seems to have bought a boatload when it was first released. Also Stagg Jr. @ $58.

Taster

Quote Originally Posted by DeadEye09 View Post
    Passed up a Smooth Ambler Old Scout 10 ($39), and a Bowman Brothers ($29) and John J. Bowman($49)....

The prices seemed good but I don't know enough about them to pull the trigger (I was already getting some ER and ETL!)

Any word on the 3 I passed up? I might go back next week.
    When I had it, Bowman Bros seems real close to Elmer T. Curious what others think of that one. Seems like a good deal.
    My Whiskey Review Blog: Whiskey Lately

Guru

Passed on a WT Tradition 14yr for $140 (seems like just last year I saw that on the shelves for closer to $100 and left it there). Passed on some other various things, including some AE Rye at $80 (which isn't a bad price, but just didn't want to mess with bringing it back).
    Gary
    =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
    "Too much of anything is bad, but too much of good whiskey is barely enough." - Mark Twain
    "Because Whiskey Matters!" - David Perkins

Quote Originally Posted by boneuphtoner View Post
    Walked by a couple of pallets worth of CEHT Rye at ~$60 at Costco. Too rich for me....
    Woah. That is a good price but I can't see those selling for a long time. Two pallets is a lot of a relatively obscure product like that.

Guru

passed on, yet was gleefully happy to see it sitting on the shelves, a load of Dickel 9 year.

Id bought all the stock in Louisville last year of the 2013 labeled batch, fearing it'd not be released again. So, Im happy to know that its still being released. I didnt see a price anywhere on it, but I did notice that the Dickel Barrel Select sitting next to it was $45, a good $10 more than it was last time I saw it, so I was afraid to ask about the 9 year pricing, as it was $46 last year, and is now likely $55+

Didnt see a single bottle of ANY weller label. I wonder if this store told BT what to do with their mandated vodka/bourbon orders
    Think about how stupid the average person is.....then realize that half of them are more stupid than that.

Enthusiast

I picked up my first ever Dickel 9-year Barrel Select, it was $55 for me in NJ.

Guru

guess it's good that I cleared Louisville of it then, since I draw the line at $50/750!
    Think about how stupid the average person is.....then realize that half of them are more stupid than that.

Quote Originally Posted by 393foureyedfox View Post
    passed on, yet was gleefully happy to see it sitting on the shelves, a load of Dickel 9 year.

Id bought all the stock in Louisville last year of the 2013 labeled batch, fearing it'd not be released again. So, Im happy to know that its still being released. I didnt see a price anywhere on it, but I did notice that the Dickel Barrel Select sitting next to it was $45, a good $10 more than it was last time I saw it, so I was afraid to ask about the 9 year pricing, as it was $46 last year, and is now likely $55+

Didnt see a single bottle of ANY weller label. I wonder if this store told BT what to do with their mandated vodka/bourbon orders
    If it's from diagio and successful, you can count on a significant annual price increase. This year, bulleit, Crown, JW and Bulleit all had big increases.