Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Advanced Taster

Re: Sazerac 18yrs or Thomas Handy

I know I can get the 2010 Handy in a couple of shops here, but only seen the Sazerac 2012 in one, so out comes the credit card lol I'll get the Handy soon. It's so expensive here to buy very close to $300 a bottle . Thanks for your help in pointing me to the right one, I just wish it was cheaper as I'd certainly drink more of it.

Guru

Wow, $300, I had no0 idea it would be that high.
    We're Bourbon Geeks, it's who we are, it's what we do.

Apprentice

BTAC releases are ridiculously overpriced in Oz. I can get THH for $215 and either WLW or GTS for $245. Those are actually comparatively good prices in this neck of the woods, but I'm not even remotely tempted.

Guru

At those prices I wouldn't be tempted either. When I was a young man I believed higher price meant a proportionally higher taste experience but now I know that ain't necessarily so.
    We're Bourbon Geeks, it's who we are, it's what we do.

Advanced Taster

Quote Originally Posted by holdtheice View Post
    BTAC releases are ridiculously overpriced in Oz. I can get THH for $215 and either WLW or GTS for $245. Those are actually comparatively good prices in this neck of the woods, but I'm not even remotely tempted.
    Would you care to share where

Disciple

Robbie, it is a tough call on the prices since you are half way around the world. I see that you have been looking at purchasing several BTACs not just Sazarac or THH. I assume these are in local shops? It is ultimately your call on whether you want to pay the price stated above. Sometimes curiosity gets the better of us. I don't have either or I would just send you a sample so you can try some. Maybe someone here can help you with a sample?

Advanced Taster

Quote Originally Posted by mbroo5880i View Post
    Robbie, it is a tough call on the prices since you are half way around the world. I see that you have been looking at purchasing several BTACs not just Sazarac or THH. I assume these are in local shops? It is ultimately your call on whether you want to pay the price stated above. Sometimes curiosity gets the better of us. I don't have either or I would just send you a sample so you can try some. Maybe someone here can help you with a sample?
    I do have my eye on a few BTAC and have been doing lots of research to pick the right ones. I do have a few bottles of Pappy which I enjoy drinking. Would like to taste what the others have to offer. I have a few unopened bottle of Stagg and WLW and Handy but would like to have a few bottle which I can put away and enjoy the rest . It would be nice if there was a section for Ozzies like myself to pass on information where to get such and such at good price rather than pay extreme prices at times.

Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Robbie BTAC View Post
    Would you care to share where
    I am willing to share Robbie, check your PM's. Just don't clear him out in case I change my mind and temptation does get the better of me.

Advanced Taster

Quote Originally Posted by holdtheice View Post
    I am willing to share Robbie, check your PM's. Just don't clear him out in case I change my mind and temptation does get the better of me.
    Don't worry I left a few for you