Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12
  1. #1
    Connoisseur
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Arlington, TX
    Posts
    516

    Bourbon Related Art

    I posted a pic of one of this guy's paintings as a joke on another thread.
    He has some pretty nice Bourbon (and whiskey in general) Giclee prints available.
    I even ordered a copy of "Bourbon boys".

    http://www.chrishartsfield.com/index...k=1&Itemid=101
    "You Can't Buy Happiness, but you can buy Whiskey!"

  2. #2
    Guru
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Jackson, MS
    Posts
    12,610

    Re: Bourbon Related Art

    I can see where he gets his inspiration.
    We're Bourbon Geeks, it's who we are, it's what we do.

  3. #3
    Connoisseur
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Downriver, Detroit, MI
    Posts
    971

    Re: Bourbon Related Art

    Not to seem too stupid; but what's a "Giclee"???

  4. #4
    Guru
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Jackson, MS
    Posts
    12,610

    Re: Bourbon Related Art

    Fancy name for a glossy print.
    We're Bourbon Geeks, it's who we are, it's what we do.

  5. #5
    Connoisseur
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Downriver, Detroit, MI
    Posts
    971

    Re: Bourbon Related Art

    Quote Originally Posted by squire View Post
    Fancy name for a glossy print.
    Thanx, Squire. I always knew you had all the answers!

  6. #6
    Connoisseur
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Gwinnett Co., GA
    Posts
    702

    Re: Bourbon Related Art

    Quote Originally Posted by Richnimrod View Post
    Thanx, Squire. I always knew you had all the answers!
    Specifically, a fancy name for a glossy print made with a high-end inkjet printer.

  7. #7
    Guru
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    2,907

    Re: Bourbon Related Art

    Quote Originally Posted by kjbeggs View Post
    I posted a pic of one of this guy's paintings as a joke on another thread.
    He has some pretty nice Bourbon (and whiskey in general) Giclee prints available.
    I even ordered a copy of "Bourbon boys".

    http://www.chrishartsfield.com/index...k=1&Itemid=101
    Interesting. The man himself may be a bourbon legend in the same category as the other men represented by the bottles in the picture but not sure that the bottle itself of Colonel E.H. Taylor has quite earned the legend status of the other bottles in the picture of "Bourbon Ledgends".

    Or even "ledgend" status...
    That yella whiskey runnin' down my throat like honey dew vine water and I took another slash…

    Nullum Gratuitum Prandium
    Ne Illegitimi Carborundum

  8. #8
    Connoisseur
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    DFW, TX
    Posts
    599

    Re: Bourbon Related Art

    Quote Originally Posted by tanstaafl2 View Post
    Interesting. The man himself may be a bourbon legend in the same category as the other men represented by the bottles in the picture but not sure that the bottle itself of Colonel E.H. Taylor has quite earned the legend status of the other bottles in the picture of "Bourbon Ledgends".

    Or even "ledgend" status...
    Yea, I took it to mean the men the bottles are named after. I like that picture a lot.

  9. #9
    Advanced Taster
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Cleveland
    Posts
    147

    Re: Bourbon Related Art

    I do a bit of painting myself. I have now found another excuse I can use to buy some more bottles. "But Honey, I need it for a painting. Trust me it just completes the composition."

  10. #10
    Virtuoso
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Tallahassee
    Posts
    1,405

    Re: Bourbon Related Art

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker View Post
    Specifically, a fancy name for a glossy print made with a high-end inkjet printer.
    Except not necessarily glossy. High end printer with archival paper and ink. Glossy is an option.

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Bourbon Related Gifts
    By subola in forum Paraphernalia
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 08-20-2014, 08:33
  2. Secretariat (Bourbon related)
    By Randy_Ricchi in forum General Bourbon Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-07-2011, 08:14
  3. Bourbon-related embarassing moments?
    By Josh in forum General Bourbon Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-18-2008, 13:57
  4. Scotch Terroir (related to bourbon as well)
    By fussychicken in forum Foreign Whiskey
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-06-2007, 12:44
  5. Bourbon-related Dream
    By Gillman in forum General Bourbon Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-13-2007, 11:59

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Back to top