Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
    Disciple

Re: New Barton Bourbons

Quote Originally Posted by P&MLiquorsEric View Post
    This sounds like a sister to the EH Taylor line. Might be a shelf below it but a way for Sazarac to keep valuable shelf facings that they are losing due to the rolling blackouts with BT.
    Here's hoping it is a shelf below CETH because at their new prices they don't taste quite as good to me.

Advanced Taster

Fair point. That last bottle of cotton candy vodka....might just be staying put.
    Rye junkie

Guru

I know a guy that puts up a large 'Special' sign on the flavored stuff that isn't moving. Doesn't change the price, just puts it on special.
    We're Bourbon Geeks, it's who we are, it's what we do.

Disciple

Sort of like the "going out of business" signs in Times Square which started in the '60's?

Guru

Banker client of mine once asked difference between going out of business sale and liquidation sale. I told him going out of business sale happens every year.
    We're Bourbon Geeks, it's who we are, it's what we do.

Quote Originally Posted by squire View Post
    I know a guy that puts up a large 'Special' sign on the flavored stuff that isn't moving. Doesn't change the price, just puts it on special.
    We have been known to put keep clearance item on regular shelf marked sale. And we have put regularly priced items on clearance shelf to get them to sell.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by HighInTheMtns View Post
    Barton was making wheated bourbon before the purchase. There's a post from Chuck (probably Chuck) from around that time that says so.
    Barton was making a wheated bourbon before Sazerac bought them and it was described (by Barton) as "ready for release". I interpretted that to mean 4-5 years old. I got to taste it and it was quite good. (I posted about it here.) Happy to see that it is finally going to be released.
    Last edited by jburlowski; 04-04-2014 at 17:55.
    John B

"Drinking when we are not thirsty and making love at all seasons… that is all there is to distinguish us from other animals."

Bourbonian Of The Year 2013 and Guru

Quote Originally Posted by jburlowski View Post
    Barton was making a wheated bourbon before Sazerac bought them and it was described (by Barton) as "ready for release". I interpretted that to mean 4-5 years old. I got to taste it and it was quite good. (I posted about it here.) Happy to see that it is finally going to be released.
    Thanks for that reminder, John. I now remember your post. Salivating here, waiting to see this on the shelf!
    Hopefully, see you in Bardstown at Sampler?
    JOE

Wag more.
    Bark less.

"Every bottle is its own learning experience." -- Sensei Ox-sama

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by smokinjoe View Post
    Thanks for that reminder, John. I now remember your post. Salivating here, waiting to see this on the shelf!
    Hopefully, see you in Bardstown at Sampler?
    I'll be there.................!
    John B

"Drinking when we are not thirsty and making love at all seasons… that is all there is to distinguish us from other animals."

Guru

Dang, I even posted in that thread and it completely slipped my mind. Thanks for reposting that!

I'll be there.................!
    Fantastic. Hopefully we can get a chance to chat more than we did last time.
    bibamus, moriendum est
    Sipology Blog