Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast
    Bourbonian Of The Year 2013 and Guru

Re: What Cocktail Are You Enjoying Spring/Summer 2014

Quote Originally Posted by tylermke View Post
    Whiskey Sour for a pre-dinner cocktail. 1.5oz bourbon, 1oz simple syrup, .75oz fresh lemon juice, and an egg white.

Just made one of these. No Luxardo's, but they're on my Christmas list! Delicious, and first cocktail with egg white. (I suck). Drank the shite out of whiskey sours during college, but powders and mixes...(I really suck)...and the same for the last 30 yrs...(I suck even worse than I thought)...

Question: What do y'all do with the yolk? I hated to toss it down the disposal.
    JOE

Wag more.
    Bark less.

"Every bottle is its own learning experience." -- Sensei Ox-sama

Virtuoso

Quote Originally Posted by smokinjoe View Post
    Well, there's baked goods. Most call for yolks no whites. So whip up some muffins or cookies.
    They say some of my stars drink whiskey, but I have found that ones who drink milkshakes don't win many ball games-Casey Stengel

Bourbonian Of The Year 2013 and Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Old Dusty View Post
    Well, there's baked goods. Most call for yolks no whites. So whip up some muffins or cookies.
    Wha?!? Now, your telling me I have to mix up some cookies, E? I'll stick with cutting them off the tube...and forgoing the oven part...
    JOE

Wag more.
    Bark less.

"Every bottle is its own learning experience." -- Sensei Ox-sama

Connoisseur

Wha?!? Now, your telling me I have to mix up some cookies, E? I'll stick with cutting them off the tube...and forgoing the oven part...
    Don't worry Joe, you can make custard style ice cream too.
    Richard
    GBS Member rounding out the top 5
    Are you a Whisk(e)y Apostle?

Virtuoso

I'm with you Joe, I do a fair amount of cooking around the Dusty homestead, but I don't bake.
    They say some of my stars drink whiskey, but I have found that ones who drink milkshakes don't win many ball games-Casey Stengel

Guru

A fun one tonight. The Corpse Defiler #666. It is a takeoff on the Corpse Reviver family.

Never been a big fan of Campari despite my cocktail interest. It works OK here but I may have to try my usual alternative and use Aperol instead. Will probably be a different drink (The Corpse Reviver family of drinks tends to be pretty finicky about balance) but you never know, it could be even better!
    That yella whiskey runnin' down my throat like honey dew vine water and I took another slash…

Nullum Gratuitum Prandium
    Ne Illegitimi Carborundum

Guru

Just throw it in the pan with a couple more eggs and scramble that sucker up for breakfast. You will never miss the egg white.

When making egg white drinks in volume (yes, at my house that happens!) I tend to cheat and use pasteurized egg white from the store. Works better for the occasional finicky guest (like by now they don't know it doesn't pay to be finicky at my house? What's up with that???) and no left over yolks to deal with.
    That yella whiskey runnin' down my throat like honey dew vine water and I took another slash…

Nullum Gratuitum Prandium
    Ne Illegitimi Carborundum

Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by tylermke View Post
    Whiskey Sour for a pre-dinner cocktail. 1.5oz bourbon, 1oz simple syrup, .75oz fresh lemon juice, and an egg white.

My mouth watered a little looking at that pic, I just wanna slurp the froth off the top and inhale the liquid, squint a little and slam the glass down and ask politely for another.
    Last edited by onemorepour; 08-02-2014 at 01:28.

Enthusiast

Im loving making manhattans ATM combining bourbon and non peaty scotch, tonight im messing with a potent mix o
    1.5oz WTRB
    1.5oz glenfarclas 105
    1/2 oz each of dolin blanc and rouge
    Peychauds bitters

Must be doing something good because I cant stop looking at the pic of the sour and the power outlets in the background, the top one is grinning and the bottom one looks very suprised, what are they looking at?

Virtuoso

Quote Originally Posted by onemorepour View Post
    Must be doing something good because I cant stop looking at the pic of the sour and the power outlets in the background, the top one is grinning and the bottom one looks very suprised, what are they looking at?
    Nominate this for Post-Of-The-Day 8-2-14. Onemore that cocktail gave you superpowers of vision and cognition. And I'm not a scotch guy but I've got some A'bunadh that I may have to try this with.