Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    Guru

Many of Your Posts are Pointless...

...if you don't give us a general idea of where you are located. So, when you say you saw "x" for "y" amount, or ask "why can't I find such and such" without showing where you are located...your post is pretty meaningless.

Most of the new guys are guilty of this. You don't have to provide your city (or at least state) but it makes it hard for others to provide you with useful and/or accurate responses.
    I've never tried GTS with any sort of soda. Maybe I'm missing out; but I'm OK with that.

Disciple

Re: Many of Your Posts are Pointless...

Lately it's amazing how many post like that. It also appears that a lot of new members just skip the introductions and just jump right in.

Enthusiast

Aren't our locations stated below our user names? Just sayin'

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by Hawg73 View Post
    Aren't our locations stated below our user names? Just sayin'
    Not automatically. You have to fill in that field in your profile for that information to show up.

Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by flahute View Post
    Not automatically. You have to fill in that field in your profile for that information to show up.
    Gotcha...sorry...just being a wiseass. I will shut up now!

Enthusiast

I don't consider myself a veteran by any means but it was a little annoying the other day when I looked at a thread and there were about 15 responses...all from members with names like "006231" or "nq645" all with post counts under 20 and no avatar (sorry, I'm a visual person and it helps me "recognize" you) and no location...no introductions. I'm always happy to see new guys but I wish they would take a little time to introduce themselves and "invest" a little. Most do but it seems lately there has been an influx

Guru

That's what I need, an avatar, but then I'd have to learn how to post one.
    We're Bourbon Geeks, it's who we are, it's what we do.

Connoisseur

Anyone who has lurked here for any length of time before joining would know the generally preferred avenue is to go through the 'New to SB' thread with an intro of some sort. Even I figured that one out.

Enthusiast

I am not sure I ever introduced myself. I think I had been lurking so long that I didn't think about it by the time I started posting. Now I feel like a jackass.
    "Unless it survived a tornado, weathered a snow storm in Scotland, and then spent a year on boat before returning home, I'm not really interested."

Novice

Quote Originally Posted by gooneygoogoo View Post
    I don't consider myself a veteran by any means but it was a little annoying the other day when I looked at a thread and there were about 15 responses...all from members with names like "006231" or "nq645" all with post counts under 20 and no avatar (sorry, I'm a visual person and it helps me "recognize" you) and no location...no introductions. I'm always happy to see new guys but I wish they would take a little time to introduce themselves and "invest" a little. Most do but it seems lately there has been an influx
    I had an into I asked about this a year ago but some of my post count and into diapered

just added my location