Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Advanced Taster

Re: Wheat embossed Weller 12

Quote Originally Posted by tanstaafl2 View Post
    Picture 4 could be the "B" bottling line (that letter, if it is a letter, looks a bit odd) or stand for Buffalo Trace on the 317th day (November 13th) of 2014 at 08:11 in the morning.

Or not!
    Yes, that seems to be the letter "B". The shape is odd, as the upper loop of the "B" is larger than the lower loop. I've looked closely with an eye loop and I am certain that it is a "B".

LOL! So, there is no way to know for sure, what it stands for?
    Real men, only needs six things in their life, Bourbon, Whiskey, Rye, Women, Cigars & Bacon!

Kinda glad I checked this thread again. I haven't seen an embossed Weller 12 in a long time. All of my purchases of Weller 12 for a while now have been plain bottles. That is until this past week. I didn't even notice the bottle of Weller 12 I found on vacation was an embossed one. Doh! Judging by the laser code, it looks like it was from 2008. Ya' just never know.
    " I never met a Weller I didn't like"

Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by fishnbowljoe View Post
    Kinda glad I checked this thread again. I haven't seen an embossed Weller 12 in a long time. All of my purchases of Weller 12 for a while now have been plain bottles. That is until this past week. I didn't even notice the bottle of Weller 12 I found on vacation was an embossed one. Doh! Judging by the laser code, it looks like it was from 2008. Ya' just never know.
    I don't know about an '08 Joe but the '07 embossed is a top shelf W 12, close to the SW of yesteryear. The sootiness of the current is quite apparent against the '07. Glad for your find as you're the Weller man .
    Thad

BTOTY-2011

Enthusiast

If I could get my hands on some W12, I wouldn't care what the bottle looked like. If your version tasted better, great. Any W12 would do me just fine though.
    SCOTT: I found this on Ganymede.
    TOMAR: What is it?
    SCOTT: Well, it's um... It's
    green.

Novice

Quote Originally Posted by ToEOrNotToE View Post
    If I could get my hands on some W12, I wouldn't care what the bottle looked like. If your version tasted better, great. Any W12 would do me just fine though.
    I think that West Lakeview Liquors in Chicago occasionally sells W12 on their website, so you might want to check in from time to time. They recently had both the 750 mL bottles and 1.5L bottles on sale (I think at least the 750s were online), and I've purchased 1.5L bottles from them a couple times in the last few months. I'm not saying they'll have anything any time soon, but it's worth a shot, and they're usually not marked up too much.