Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Guru

Re: Willet family Rye 4yrs

The guys deliberating over THH and Saz18 are posting from Australia.
    We're Bourbon Geeks, it's who we are, it's what we do.

Taster

THH and Sazerac 18yrs are plentiful over here in the right shops. Prices are around 4 times what you would pay in the States for a bottle, if the prices were the same I'd be drinking it everyday all the time and have a bunker load lol

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by tanstaafl2 View Post
    I think it is more that the Willett rye must be crazy expensive in the Australian market than it is the THH and Saz18 is undervalued.
    Ah ha - spot on!

But is four times the retail MSRP, or four times what people in the states are paying (which can be insanely stupid at times, IMHO)? Actually - nevermind; don't think it makes a difference Too much dough for what will be turned to piss if handled properly :-)
    Gary
    =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
    "Too much of anything is bad, but too much of good whiskey is barely enough." - Mark Twain
    "Because Whiskey Matters!" - David Perkins

Advanced Taster

I have had many Willett 4 year ryes and have loved them all with the exception of one which I thought was a bit overly harsh compared to the others. I'd have to look up which barrel it was from.

That said, I'll buy any Willett I can find, no questions asked (even if it's from a barrel that I didn't really like). I really hold their releases in that high of a regard.
    Rye junkie

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by darylld911 View Post
    Ah ha - spot on!

But is four times the retail MSRP, or four times what people in the states are paying (which can be insanely stupid at times, IMHO)? Actually - nevermind; don't think it makes a difference Too much dough for what will be turned to piss if handled properly :-)
    It is not the destination, it is the journey that counts!
    That yella whiskey runnin' down my throat like honey dew vine water and I took another slash…

Nullum Gratuitum Prandium
    Ne Illegitimi Carborundum

Guru

Spoken like a man who's never had jet lag.
    We're Bourbon Geeks, it's who we are, it's what we do.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by squire View Post
    Spoken like a man who's never had jet lag.
    Oh, I have had plenty! I just refuse to let it interfere with my travels, or my whiskey drinking, any more than I have too!
    That yella whiskey runnin' down my throat like honey dew vine water and I took another slash…

Guru

Saw some of these on the shelf yesterday. Have some so I passed. They looked a bit odd because in the past the label has always been hand numbered (or so it appeared). These were clearly printed with the proof and barrel number. Picture is crappy but they are the 4yo and now up to $37.

Willett rye.JPG

If anybody in the Atlanta area is in need feel free to PM me. They usually don't last long though.

Disciple

Yep, that's the problem. Even at a significantly higher price than last year, it will still sell quicker than it did before.

Found a bottle of this for $39 yesterday and scooped it up. I really enjoyed it; I guess there could have been a slight pickle flavor, but I love pickles, so there's that. Anyway, I'm going back today to get one or two more for the bunker!