Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
    Enthusiast

Re: Brown-Forman vs. Barton

I have bought several bottles off ebay, and I have never had to send any proof of age. And I would never send a photocopy of my liscense to some person I dont know.

The disclaimer statement many include when theyre selling full bottles, in my opinion, is the same as someone shoplifting and then telling the police that they were just borrowing it. Legally it doesn't matter what you say it is, it's what the law says it is.

\'Importing\' and \'Exporting\' a No-No in TN

Yes, I will (and already have several times) be committing a felony both going to and coming from the Festival in September. Just crossing the state line with a bottle is illegal here. In state, I can carry up to three gallons without a bill of lading AND a distributor's license. So, I think I'm going to be in double jeopardy when I head to Kentucky in September with the Ridgewood Reserve bottles some of you have spoken for (I'll drive carefully -- at least until I hit the KY state line ).

Guru

Re: \'Importing\' and \'Exporting\' a No-No in TN

I've driven (and my friend too) from KY to NY with the rear suspension of our cars bottomed out due to ALOT of bourbon in the trunk and back seat as well. Like you said, you just have to drive carefully...

Connoisseur

Tim,
    I'm going to be in double jeopardy when I head to Kentucky in September with the Ridgewood Reserve bottles some of you have spoken for (I'll drive carefully -- at least until I hit the KY state line ).
    Maybe someone should meet you at the state line...
    Two people could go back and forth accross the line until it was all legal, then you're merrily down the road...
    How stupid it all is...
    Bj

Advanced Taster

My dad lived in KY and had an old station wagon with a soft suspension. He was pulled over by a local cop because it looked like he was carrying moonshine. Luckily, he wasn't. The cop looked inside the car and let him go on his merry way.