Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Price check..Elmer T. Lee

What's it go for in your neck of the woods? $35 a good price?

Guru

Re: Price check..Elmer T. Lee

Quote Originally Posted by Dave43 View Post
    What's it go for in your neck of the woods? $35 a good price?
    i know people who would knock over their grandmas for some of it at most any price. $35 seems very reasonable. Ive seen one in the past year, and it was $35, but I left it, as its not really my thing.
    Think about how stupid the average person is.....then realize that half of them are more stupid than that.

Taster

31.99 in ATL. I've been seeing it all over the area.

Bourbonian Of The Year 2013 and Guru

There have been discussions about ETL out the ass on these boards over the past several months. Dozens of prices posted from all over the country included. If you're interested, just look em up. No need to start another thread on it. It just results in the same churning, of the same information, over and over and over again. How many times must one hear the same thing?!?!
    JOE

Wag more.
    Bark less.

"Every bottle is its own learning experience." -- Sensei Ox-sama

Quote Originally Posted by smokinjoe View Post
    There have been discussions about ETL out the ass on these boards over the past several months. Dozens of prices posted from all over the country included. If you're interested, just look em up. No need to start another thread on it. It just results in the same churning, of the same information, over and over and over again. How many times must one hear the same thing?!?!

Ok...looked at numerous threads and no prices were indicated. Just curious, sorry.

Bourbonian Of The Year 2013 and Guru

Start with thread: "The Elmer Craze". Currently, very active. Move on from there.
    JOE

Wag more.
    Bark less.

"Every bottle is its own learning experience." -- Sensei Ox-sama

Advanced Taster

It 32 here in Virginia.

Advanced Taster

When its in stock for a few weeks here in Pa its $32.99 a bottle. You'll find cheaper in the regular states like Texas, maybe California, Kentucky, but it will be comparable to that price or higher most places. If I saw one and really wanted a bottle I'd pay 35, but I have I think 6 bottles I bought last year and stocked away. Anymore as everything Buffalo Trace sells seems to creep up in price every few weeks (They haven't been marketing and hyping that strategy of excuses to raise prices at all during the last year have they???) I find as ETL approaches $35 I will buy a 4 Roses Single Barrel all day EVERY day and get so much more complexity and ultimately delicious enjoyment for a few bucks more. When its on sale its $35.99 and that makes it an ETL killer for my tastes, and its ....always available, so none of the BT controlled scarcity to put up with. I know I know, I'm just being cynical but thats what I believe.
    Last edited by jmj_203; 08-21-2014 at 08:17.

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by jmj_203 View Post
    When its in stock for a few weeks here in Pa its $32.99 a bottle. You'll find cheaper in the regular states like Texas...
    The only bottles I've actually seen in TX in the last year were commemorative at $34.99 (and very few of those).
    specs lists it her $32.99, and Total Wine for $28.99, but it's always out of stock.
    a year ago I could find it in the $30-35 range, so I'd say that's still a good price if you like it.
    "You Can't Buy Happiness, but you can buy Whiskey!"

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by jmj_203 View Post
    ... I find as ETL approaches $35 I will buy a 4 Roses Single Barrel all day EVERY day and get so much more complexity and ultimately delicious enjoyment for a few bucks more. When its on sale its $35.99 and that makes it an ETL killer for my tastes, and its ....always available, so none of the BT controlled scarcity to put up with. I know I know, I'm just being cynical but thats what I believe.
    I would go with 4R Small Batch as something in the same category as ETL. They are both 90 proof and similar to me as far as nothing spectacular, but very balanced, easy to like bourbon. As far as $35 for ETL; I guess it's an ok price. That's about the limit on what I would pay for it. Back when I used to see it on shelves, it was around $29.99.