Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Advanced Taster

Re: Give me your opinions on the different OGD proofs. Everyday value pour ranking?

Quote Originally Posted by jmj_203 View Post
    I know neither states on the bottle, and won't be suprised the website contains errors as I've seen several other typos.
    I swear that site is produced by 19 year-old summer interns.
    Rye whiskey makes the sun set faster.

Advanced Taster

Re: Give me your opinions on the different OGD proofs. Everyday value pour ranking?

If the WT101 was 8 in the past they likely just never removed it. I mean what do they change it to..."used to be 8 but now we make no claims as to the minimum age of our bourbon, but its at least over 3 years old." Thats pretty much every brand now so nothing against any particular brand as long as I like the taste.

Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by jmj_203 View Post
    If the WT101 was 8 in the past they likely just never removed it. I mean what do they change it to..."used to be 8 but now we make no claims as to the minimum age of our bourbon, but its at least over 3 years old." Thats pretty much every brand now so nothing against any particular brand as long as I like the taste.
    It's been over a decade since WT101 was 8 years old.

Bourbons without an age statement must be at least 4 years old, not 3. Wild Turkey loves advertising that theirs is at least 5 (oooooooh).
    Jim

Connoisseur

I'm guessing that the listing of WT at 8 years is due to laziness or lack of knowledge. Here in Indiana most of the store labels for Noah's Mill say that it's 15 years even though that hasn't been true for a while. If the UPC didn't change, then why change the tags?

Connoisseur

God dammit Squire - I thought you were a 114 man and I was planning my end of month purchases accordingly

BIB it is. At least it's easier to find. I've found some 114, but with the freedom of BIB I have more latitude to reward my fave store owners.

tbt

Disciple

I think OGD 114 is great both neat and on the rocks. It also holds up well in bourbon/rye blends. I love a 50:50 mix of OGD 114 and Ritt BIB.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by soad View Post
    I swear that site is produced by 19 year-old summer interns.
    Or my favorite, Benchmark listed as 8 years old.
    We're Bourbon Geeks, it's who we are, it's what we do.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Tot View Post
    BIB it is. At least it's easier to find. I've found some 114, but with the freedom of BIB I have more latitude to reward my fave store owners.
    Oh, if I had to choose it would be the 114 but I think the BIB is more flexible and it occasionally goes on sale.
    We're Bourbon Geeks, it's who we are, it's what we do.

Advanced Taster

Regularly 19.99 is a sale to me. 16.99 this month means I put 2 into my cabinet for future use. Just wish I could get 114, its a special order only here requiring a minimum 6 bottles purchased at around 32.99 apiece. No big deal but that means dropping roughly 180 on six bottles just to try something I would like to try. Pa horsecrap.