Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    Connoisseur

Re: BOTM 6/14: Jim Beam White

I've been a few places where options were extremely limited and had Beam White and was not sad about it. It's OK. Like fox, I won't reach for it in the aisle because there's options at a similar price point that offer more flavor and more importantly, higher proof, which is to my liking. But if there are no other options, or if someone pours me one, I'll gladly enjoy it. It's bourbon after all.
    Steve

TT: Everything goes better with a little OGD114.
    squire: Amen...............

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by flahute View Post
    I've been a few places where options were extremely limited and had Beam White and was not sad about it. It's OK. Like fox, I won't reach for it in the aisle because there's options at a similar price point that offer more flavor and more importantly, higher proof, which is to my liking. But if there are no other options, or if someone pours me one, I'll gladly enjoy it. It's bourbon after all.
    exactly. when a bunch of my classmates went out to party after graduation, we went to where one of the guys bartended. Since 90% of the class were females, there was a lot of jello shots and pretty stuff flowing, but he made sure to give me bourbon, and most of it was Devils Cut and Beam Black and white. For free, sure, Ill have a few. But, with a number of BIBs for less money, the vote is simple
    Think about how stupid the average person is.....then realize that half of them are more stupid than that.

Apprentice

You guys are pretty tough on the JBW...

I just bought my first bottle today to drink it neat, And it's not too bad for what it's worth. I have tried the Devils Cut and the JBB 6year, The JBB 6year is the best one of the buch of course, But it's not available at my local liquor store.

JBW seens to taste like an honest bourbon, I have no problem sipping this stuff neat and I don't mind the JB profile at all. Some people say JB tastes like "Funk" but that's just the profile.

I'd buy it again for the price, Don't really feel like making mixed drinks. Too much sugar...I'll just use a glass of water

And I prefer it over JD, I fiind the JB has a rounder taste.
    Last edited by Mr. Bourbon; 08-27-2014 at 21:37.

Guru

Honest Bourbon is a good way to describe JBW.
    We're Bourbon Geeks, it's who we are, it's what we do.