Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Willett 2yr Rye

Enthusiast

Re: Willett 2yr Rye

Quote Originally Posted by The Good Sir View Post
    Thoughts on 2 year vs 4 year? I've located a store in ATL area that has both but can only get one.
    If you want to try something interesting and different to get a taste of what the future holds for Willett, pick up the 2 year. If you want a solid expression of an MGPI rye, get the 4 year. I'd say that the 4 year is still the better all-around pour, but I couldn't pass up the opportunity to taste Willett's own distillate. I can drink MGPI rye whenever I want.
    Andrew

Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by The Good Sir View Post
    Thoughts on 2 year vs 4 year? I've located a store in ATL area that has both but can only get one.
    The new 2 year rye is very good. Tastes older than 2 years to me. Very different from the LDI. More bourbony. I can't wait to see it progress with some more age.

Apprentice

Thanks guys. I didn't offer this information because I wanted an unbiased response. I have some of the two year and REALLY enjoy it. Took me by surprise, actually. So, my decision is to either buy more of the stuff I already like, or try something different. I may just bite the bullet and get both...along with multiple other bottles I'm picking up.

Advanced Taster

During my weekly visit to my regular store I asked about when this was going to hit Missouri. Apparently, never and quite possibly none of the Willett Family Reserve offerings for a while. Missouri changed their alcohol laws requiring that every label version get approval, including variations in proof. It's just a paperwork thing, but for smaller places it's going to be a real pain. From my discussion, Willett is skipping Missouri and the handful of other states that have similar laws in place.

Fortunately, Illinois isn't so backwards and it's not that far across the river. Weekend trip, here I come!
    "We're wanted men! we'll strike again! But first, let's have a beer" -- J Buffett

Advanced Taster

Came across 3 bottles of 108.1 proof today $44.58 in Massachusetts north of Boston. Furthest north that I have seen Willett in New England.

Ted
    In Society that Outlaws Adventure the Only Adventure is to Outlaw that Society