Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Willett 2yr Rye

Re: Willett 2yr Rye

My bottle is 109 proof, is really really good, and has only about an ounce left in it.

Enthusiast

Is there anything on their label that distinguishes their distilled products from their sourced products? I'd imagine down the line when their rye gets older, you won't be able to tell.

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by KyleCBreese View Post
    Is there anything on their label that distinguishes their distilled products from their sourced products? I'd imagine down the line when their rye gets older, you won't be able to tell.
    It says "Distilled, Aged, and Bottled by The Willett Distillery, Bardstown, KY" on the back label.
    Andrew

Virtuoso

I appreciate the fact that they are distinguishing between what is sourced vs distilled in house. I'm still sitting on a two year and four year, both unopened. Bought them to do a comparison I never got around to...

I did a comparison of 2 yr vs 4 yr the other day. 2 yr came out ahead for me, but I'm down on LDI/MGP lately, just bored of it, so I'm sure that had an effect. In my opinion though, the Willett 4 yr is among the best MGP ryes out there.

Enthusiast

Was in the mood to try something new and the bar was out of my first choice Son Of Bourye, so I went out on a limb and tried this. I have to say I was pleasantly surprised, a caramel bomb and a lot of the hebatious quality, but man for a 2 year I was blown away with how good and reasonably balanced it was. I think the price is a little high vs quality for me to want to keep a few around, but I don't think I'd hesitate to get one.

The more of this I drink, the more I buy. It's not cheap, but not unreasonably expensive either. Certainly the quality is there to justify the price. Now on my second bottle with a third already bought.