Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Willett 2yr Rye

Re: Willett 2yr Rye

Quote Originally Posted by TunnelTiger View Post
    Just emptied my last 2 yr bottle. It wasn't bad but not worth $35 IMHO.
    Man, I wish I could find it for $35.

Guru

I have not tried it yet, but there are some very favorable reviews....

http://www.drinkhacker.com/2014/08/1...y-2-years-old/

https://drinkdistiller.com/#!/spirit...te-bottled-rye

*I like the taste note graphs on drinkdistiller.

Taster

I recently ended up with a bottle of.this Willett 2yr rye. Don't really care for it. First thing I thought of was Crown Royal, but a little better. I'll try it in a few different coctails, but I certainly don't care for it straight. The 4yr bottle I've had for a little over a year is a pleasure to sip on though.

Taster

Does anyone have any information on when or if Willett might release more of this? Either another batch of the two year, or maybe a three year. I saw that Caskers had the 2 year "on sale" today for $50. It sold out pretty quickly, although at the price I wasn't disappointed. I liked the two year at $30 because it was unique. At $50, I'll buy two bottles of Rittenhouse and have ten bucks leftover.

Anyway, I liked the two year for what it was and would think about getting another bottle if it was released again this year. Even better would be if they released slightly older whiskey, assuming it's still relatively affordable.

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by Spade View Post
    Does anyone have any information on when or if Willett might release more of this? Either another batch of the two year, or maybe a three year. I saw that Caskers had the 2 year "on sale" today for $50. It sold out pretty quickly, although at the price I wasn't disappointed. I liked the two year at $30 because it was unique. At $50, I'll buy two bottles of Rittenhouse and have ten bucks leftover.

Anyway, I liked the two year for what it was and would think about getting another bottle if it was released again this year. Even better would be if they released slightly older whiskey, assuming it's still relatively affordable.
    I would expect that they would continue to release one or the other. There have been many batches of the 2-year, so it seems like a continuous release cycle for that.

The first batch of 2-year came out in June, so if they're putting out a 3-year-old I wouldn't expect it any sooner than that.
    Andrew