Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20282930
    Enthusiast

Re: The Madvatter strikes again!

doggone it, I might just be a jerk but I am getting sick and tired of us reporting individually about vattings that maybe one or two other people try and comment on. starting to feel like what we need (in addition to threads like this) is an agreement for a bunch of us to try the same vatting-like a vatting of the month club-and report our thoughts so we might end up with a really significant verdict. I mean, come on, the SB blend does not have to stand as the only tried and true vatting ever to emerge from this group, right? If we really try, I suspect we can identify a pretty useful, wide ranging repertoire of vattings proven best by test.

official vatting-of-the-month thread. who's with me?

Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by BigBoldBully View Post
    doggone it, I might just be a jerk but I am getting sick and tired of us reporting individually about vattings that maybe one or two other people try and comment on. starting to feel like what we need (in addition to threads like this) is an agreement for a bunch of us to try the same vatting-like a vatting of the month club-and report our thoughts so we might end up with a really significant verdict. I mean, come on, the SB blend does not have to stand as the only tried and true vatting ever to emerge from this group, right? If we really try, I suspect we can identify a pretty useful, wide ranging repertoire of vattings proven best by test.

official vatting-of-the-month thread. who's with me?
    I'm down, but seriously... I feel like I see more vatting reports now than ever on this site (as I sip on my rye vat pour of Rittlepig 50/50).

Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Paddy View Post
    I'm down, but seriously... I feel like I see more vatting reports now than ever on this site (as I sip on my rye vat pour of Rittlepig 50/50).
    Me too, more interest in vatting but not enough people sharing their thoughts on the same vattings, imo. [sorry if this is a form of hijacking, but it just strikes me as a worthwhile spinoff.] Maybe I'll go ahead and start a tentative thread to gauge interest.

Disciple

I'd be in. Sounds fun!
    Steve

TT: Everything goes better with a little OGD114.
    squire: Amen...............