Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819
    Connoisseur

Re: The Madvatter strikes again!

That sounds interesting, tried me some EWSB 2001 with some EW BiB, not bad. Now that I have become accustomed to the SB blend, we could get the OWA around here,and not the W12, now it's reversed, finding the W12 but no OWA, called all of my holes only to come up empty....dammit..
    Everyday my spirit seems to find its way to the bottom of a glass...... Don

Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by dSculptor View Post
    That sounds interesting, tried me some EWSB 2001 with some EW BiB, not bad. Now that I have become accustomed to the SB blend, we could get the OWA around here,and not the W12, now it's reversed, finding the W12 but no OWA, called all of my holes only to come up empty....dammit..
    The availability of one but not the other and then it switch is why I have taken to mixing in the glass instead of vatting. Actually, I have started going back to straight pours of each because I can't get enough to blend. The most recent bottles of OWA have improved over those from a year or two ago.

Irreverent One

Quote Originally Posted by dcbt View Post

A few days ago I got to thinking about making Ron's Four Grain Ghetto vat, taking the same mash bills but using the "base" bottles instead: equal parts MM, BT, and EC12 (upgrading here over 1783).
    I tried that once, using MM, BT and HH 6/90. It was okay, but not so compelling as to be worth repeating.

I also tried the combination with some Crow Light (1 MM/1 BT/1 HH/2 CL) to create a 100% whiskey "American Whiskey - A Blend" which wasn't really all that different.

The Crow Light? Sent to me by an archaeologist friend in Arizona. He was excavating the ruins of an old pharmacy/liquor store and found an entire case embedded in a large block of amber.
    Last edited by CorvallisCracker; 02-17-2015 at 11:48.
    Scott

"Remember that your sense of humor is inversely proportional to your level of intolerance."
    - Serge Storms