Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14222324

Re: The Madvatter strikes again!

Having some of my current Weller vatting. Equal parts of PS OWA, Weller SR, Weller 12, with some 2012 WLW BTAC thrown in for good measure. Went to a tasting last week, and Vosgar, JerseyDon and another friend thought it was pretty good. IMHO, it was pretty good, but not quite up to the level of some of my past Weller concoctions.

Cheers! Joe
    " I never met a Weller I didn't like"

I did a 50:50 mix of Medley Brothers and Weller Special Reserve. The Medley reminds me a lot of Old Grand Dad. This may sound crazy but I think both have a strong peanut brittle note to them. The sweetness and heat of the WSR gave me the peanut butter and jelly sandwich of bourbon.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by fishnbowljoe View Post
    Having some of my current Weller vatting. Equal parts of PS OWA, Weller SR, Weller 12, with some 2012 WLW BTAC thrown in for good measure. Went to a tasting last week, and Vosgar, JerseyDon and another friend thought it was pretty good. IMHO, it was pretty good, but not quite up to the level of some of my past Weller concoctions.

Cheers! Joe
    I could re-purpose your tagline with a slight adjustment: "I never met a Joe-Weller-Vatting I didn't like"
    Gary (aka 'Country')
    =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
    "Too much of anything is bad, but too much of good whiskey is barely enough." - Mark Twain
    "Because Whiskey Matters!" - David Perkins

Connoisseur

So the wife and I took a ride up north to visit my Dad and bro's and played some croquet, ( I won 2 out of 3) not your traditional layout either. Anyway my bro had some CEHT BP and some RHF which I also had, well, while pouring the RHF, I had to do it, equal pours of CEHT Bp & RHF, not that either of these needed anything, but seeing that they were already next to each other, I went and did it, pretty dam tasty. That was later in the night after a bunch of pours already, so sometime in the near future I will have to try it again and post some notes when I have a fresh nose and tongue.
    Everyday my spirit seems to find its way to the bottom of a glass...... Don

Enthusiast

I made up a 10oz vatting last night of OGD114 and WSR at 1:1 but haven't tried it yet.