Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Connoisseur

Re: I know, I know, but...

In general, I don't mix my Bourbon with anything, other than once in a while a cube of ice, or a little water; but it's not like I never mix any with a soda. I never did like Bourbon and Coke; but I do occasionally mix a 'dud' bourbon with Vernor's Ginger Ale, or 'Fiery' Ginger Ale (two more different Ginger Ales you likely won't find). The two make quite different Hi-balls; but I like each for it's own quaint qualities, when I'm in that mood. I've never tried GTS.... or any rare or long-aged Bourbon with any sort of soda. Maybe I'm missing out; but I'm OK with that.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Richnimrod View Post
    I've never tried GTS with any sort of soda. Maybe I'm missing out; but I'm OK with that.
    I think that's going to be my new sig.
    I've never tried GTS with any sort of soda. Maybe I'm missing out; but I'm OK with that.

Advanced Taster

hmmm... I think I'd only generally mix a bourbon if it were not great neat. I'd mix an 80 proofer, EW or HH.

I am sorry to hear that bourbon has brought strife to your sibling relationship.

Advanced Taster

Quote Originally Posted by smknjoe View Post
    I only drink it neat because that's how I like it, not because it's trendy.
    Is it trendy?

You all here on SB are the only bourbon role models/drinkers I know currently so I am out of touch with what is trendy.

I could be a pig, but I started with sweet and mixed faux-bourbons, graduated to bourbon with a mixer and finally came to neat. It was a natural progression as I learned to appreciate the flavors and became irritated by overly sweet drinks.

Advanced Taster

I don't know but next family gathering, you should ro-sham-bo your brother with a good swift kick in the nutz and tell him you officially just disowned him. What? I get pissed off on reddit bourbon seeing people cry they have no ETL in their area to mix with sprite so they had to dare mix lesser bourbon for a month. I have 12 bottles of past ETL for a reason. No you should drink vodka with soda if you are like that. Stop wasting our juice of the gods on mixed drinks because your tight pants hipster crowd has you informed drinking good bourbon with soda raises you to elite tight pants status. Leave the juice for us who enjoy sipping the good bourbons like they were meant to be savored.
    Last edited by jmj_203; 06-14-2014 at 23:24.

Advanced Taster

I started off drinking bourbon and coke and I still do when I go out with the mates. Sure, its mainly just Jim Beam/Turkey or maybe BT if I am feeling fancy. Its actually quite common in Australia. You just have to look at our RTD market and you can see how popular it is. WT have even released WTRB and cola cans and bottles.

Now granted, when I am at home, I will usually do it straight on on the rocks, but thats usually as I have a better selection that what you would get at most bars around here. Different horses for different courses.

Virtuoso

Well ... at least he didn't come over and drink your GTS with Coke ...
    Mark

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by smknjoe View Post
    I think that's going to be my new sig.
    You're welcome to it, Joe! ...And, ....BONUS; I don't require a 'royalty' for each use.
    In fact you needn't credit me at all. It ain't that special, anyway.
    Just common sense.... which; come to think of it, ain't all that common these days, is it?

Connoisseur

Hey guys, interesting comments ,as usual. Just to clarify a few things , it only brought about a little strife to the relationship, he did offer to sell me one of them shortly after he opened the other,which just playing the game I refused,I figured I'd attack his wallet a bit.Today he is stopping over with my other brother and my Dad for a father's day,day.Cook out some chicken and sit around and talk, he asked me on the phone what should I bring? Guess what I said....? Yep, bring down that bottle of GTS and at least share it with me, he was silent and didn't say anything,so we'll see. On another note it does benefit me to be the bigger brother,'cause he does have some very nice honey holes. Any way I know we all drink what we want and how we want..bottom line, so to all you fathers out there ...PROHST! Have a good Father's Day,and drink 'em any way you like,I'll let it slide for today only.
    I know, I know, but....
    Everyday my spirit seems to find its way to the bottom of a glass...... Don

Connoisseur

Honey holes?

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk