Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
    Disciple

Drew Estate/ Acid Cigars

I was wondering what you all thought of Drew Estate , manufacturers of among other lines, ACID cigars. I know that the lady at the smoke shop downtown practically shoved one in my mouth and was rather dissapointed when I decided on a Fuente smoke instead. With both flavored and odd shaped cigars (see the "Egg" , for example) as well as strange names (such as the "C-note", and the "Pimp Stick), it seems to me that they are verging on the novelty sector.

So is this the case, are the more style than substance?? Any opinions out there??

TomC
    Attached Images Attached Images

Guru

Re: Drew Estate/ Acid Cigars

, I somehow was getting this cigar mag in the mail for a while back and one of the pages was dedicated to nothing but these ACID cigars. I was wondering too if it was more of a novelty thing or if they were actually a good smoke.

Apprentice

Personally, I just cant bring myself to smoke a cigar that smells more like insence than tobacco. IMO these cigars are all hype and marketing. However, they do have a traditional "natural" line that is supposed to be decent.

Even Drews traditional line seems a bit perfumed. I believe any cigar maker would be appauled if a "scent" or "infusion" of any kind were placed on their work. then again, i have never held flavored cigars in high esteem. if its been flavored, im sure the original product was of too low a quality to amount to very much.

Administrator in exile

if its been flavored, im sure the original product was of too low a quality to amount to very much.

I tend to agree with this statement. The only exception that I have experienced so far is with the CAO line of flavored cigars. Leslie enjoys the "Moontrace" cigar with hints of bourbon and exotic fruit, and I must admit, the underlying flavors of the cigar are decent. I have read that CAO puts top quality tobacco into this line. Give one a try for a change of pace.

Novice

The Natural line is more of traditional cigar with no flavors or anythin added, just some are in odd shapes. The Acid is infused with flavors and different essences.
    Bothe the Acid and Natural linds by Drew Estate are marked for the twentysomething crowd, thats whay you have the extreme designs and odd cigar names

Disciple

Ah, they are trying to be the Makers Mark of cigars? Sell units by being distinctive amongst the crowd. Is the natural line any good.

TomC

Advanced Taster

I am far too afraid to try any of their cigars.

Disciple

You see, I get that same reaction! I find myself mildly intimidated by them, and was hoping someone else could give me an opinion beforehand.

TomC