Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 28 of 57 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast
    Advanced Taster

Re: What bourbon are you drinking? Summer 14

I'll drink the other half of the blend, then.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1404588473.860205.jpg

Disciple

Yesterday for the 4th I had a few pours with my father of some ND OGD BIB and ER101 NOLA its fun for me to give a little back now and then.I know I snuck plenty of his stuff over the years so I figure I might as well treat him now.
    "To deny our own impulses is to deny the very thing that makes us human."
    Larry Wachowski

Connoisseur

Started the day with a pour of ETL Commerative.... Veeeery nice! Switched to a very-low-fill bottle of Very Special Old Fitz, 12-yr.... finished it off in one generous pour ... Also veeeery nice; but quite different. Finished with a pour of Evan Williams SB '02. Liked that veeeeery well also. All-in-all a very nice day of Bourbon, BBQ, Ladder-Ball, and Family. WONDERFUL!!!

Taster

had a blanton's special reserve old fashioned, now american prairie reserve

Enthusiast

Drinking the 12 yo Jim Beam Signature Craft. NOT BAD AT ALL. I really like it, despite it's sub-90 proof point (86 proof).

Not overly woody, well balanced.

Connoisseur

Last night started with RRSmBSiB (weirdest name in bourbon?). Then some friends came over for the festivities and I brought out the NAS BMH. It's not one I fawn over, but they absolutely love it and of course can't get it anywhere so I've been saving mine for when they come over. It's a treat for them so it's fun to make someone's day with bourbon. Finished out the night with some standards: OGD114 and 4RSmB while watching the fireworks from our front lawn. We live close enough to the lakefront where the fireworks are held and are up the hill a bit so we have a perfect view of the entire show. While everyone was crammed into the park down on the lake front, we were sitting in comfortable chairs on the lawn sipping bourbon out of glencairns. Can't beat it.

Started off today with some PH PoH while watching World Cup. I love everything about this bourbon.
    Steve

TT: Everything goes better with a little OGD114.
    squire: Amen...............

Virtuoso

Some Angel's Envy this afternoon. Enjoyed it but not that special.

Best regards, Tony

Bourbonian Of The Year 2013 and Guru

Spent a great day at my brothers house lazing about the pool with a couple of pours of Beam Signature Brandy Finished, paired with a Cain F 660. This whiskey was made to be sipped with a cigar. Nicely complementary.
    JOE

Wag more.
    Bark less.

"Every bottle is its own learning experience." -- Sensei Ox-sama

Advanced Taster

Went to a local craft brewer and noticed that they had a small but nicely done bourbon selection, including a bottle of ETL Commemorative. So after a couple of beers, ended the visit with a pour of that. They had an interesting technique for the pour - they put the snifter (small-medium in size) on the size and poured until it hit the rim.

Just wonderful stuff - I was just about in heaven sitting outside and sipping. My bottle is packed away already and this might get me to search through the boxes and find it.
    "We're wanted men! we'll strike again! But first, let's have a beer" -- J Buffett

Taster

Quote Originally Posted by dcam1075 View Post
    Had some Sushi and Thai for dinner at one of my regular spots, the only decent bourbon behind the bar was Booker's. The inconsistency of bar pours when you order booze neat always cracks me up, especially when you order something incongruous with the establishment. I am sure if I had ordered a sake the amount dispensed would have been spot on. So anyways, I order the Booker's neat while my sushi was being prepped. Watching the bartender do battle with the Booker's display box, then the wax seal was priceless and worth the price of admission on its own. Once he finally extricated the cork with all the gusto of a true samurai he proceeded to pour roughly 9 fingers of juice into an already oversized rocks glass. I was actually concerned he was going to overflow the glass. He stopped just as it hit the rim of the glass and gave me a coy, knowing grin like he was saying "I know exactly how you like your whiskey". Long story short I worked through my Sushi and extra Thai spicy entre washing down each bite with my seemingly bottomless vessel of 128 proof goodness, which is kind of like trying to put out a dumpster fire in August with jet fuel. Anyways, I survived the meal and while auditing the bill had to chuckle at the fact I was charged a whole $8 for my drink which was equal to what my wife was charged for her Saporo. Now I am safely home trying to quell my insides with a night cap of CEHT Rye. Happy 4th everyone. Prilosec here I come!
    Love this!!!!! (Extra ! Added for char count)