Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 115 of 168 FirstFirst ... 1565105113114115116117125165 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,150 of 1676
    Disciple

Re: What bourbon are you drinking? Summer 14

Quote Originally Posted by DPPSmoker View Post
    I tried to share a bottle of Four Roses GS OBSF with some buddies last night at our fantasy football draft but they're too set in their ways. They love their craft beer too much.

One in the group has developed an appreciation for bourbon so we both enjoyed the FR. I really love the honey that I get in this bottle.
    Bourbon and drafts can be fun! You can lead a horse to bourbon but you can't make them drink. At least one drinking buddy makes it much more fun!

Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Kyjd75 View Post
    Air time always seems to enhance the WFEs, and a dash of water often will really open them up to a new level of enjoyment.
    I am with you! Air time always adds to WFEs as does water. You are lucky to enjoy this selection. I know you shop with Eric but I am not sure whether you got to participate in the selection. Was this originally a 10-year selection but ended up 11-year selection due to bottling delays?

Advanced Taster

Im very new to the bourbon game. I lurked on here for about three months and figured I should start contributing. Just kind of felt at home around so many people that have a passion for the spirit I fell in love with. Anyway, it amazes me how good Weller Special Reserve is for the price. Im working working on a healthy pour in my Glencairn.

Enthusiast

Had a glass of 4R 2014LE with my father-in-law after we celebrated his dad's 102nd birthday. Great guy (both!) and pretty cool birthday to celebrate.
    "We're wanted men! we'll strike again! But first, let's have a beer" -- J Buffett

Advanced Taster

A little bit of everything tonight. Tried SAOS 10 for the first time. Followed by a store blend of AE and finished off with WT Diamond.

Virtuoso

Polished off a bottle of Rare Breed and then continued onward with an already tapped EWSB. Both are very familiar and very good. I've turned a lot of folks onto RB over the years, and this bottle won a couple of new converts as over as well. I'm looking forward to moving on to the latest version, at just over 112p, in the very near future.

Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by mbroo5880i View Post
    I am with you! Air time always adds to WFEs as does water. You are lucky to enjoy this selection. I know you shop with Eric but I am not sure whether you got to participate in the selection. Was this originally a 10-year selection but ended up 11-year selection due to bottling delays?
    Yes, I was a part of the tasting panel for the WFE selections. Originally this was a 10 yr old at time of initial selection, but it took Willett so long to actually get around to bottling it that it became an 11 yr. Same with the 7 yr originally being a 6 yr.

Guru

Enjoyed some different vintages of GTS last night, along with some ND OGD114, WT12, and barrel proof FRYL
    Gary
    =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
    "Too much of anything is bad, but too much of good whiskey is barely enough." - Mark Twain
    "Because Whiskey Matters!" - David Perkins

Advanced Taster

Opened WTRB at my fantasy draft. I think 4 of us were drinking it. Tasty stuff. Surprisingly drinkable. Others were not put off by its higher proof, as they usually stay in the 90 range
    Im a simple man. All I want is enough sleep for two normal men, enough whiskey for three, and enough women for four.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by darylld911 View Post
    Enjoyed some different vintages of GTS last night, along with some ND OGD114, WT12, and barrel proof FRYL
    Barrel proof 4RYL, where on earth did you find that?