Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Disciple

Re: Other bourbon discussion areas...

Love everything about this site. One thing is most of our members actually drink their whiskey.

Connoisseur

I also find this site to be the best for a variety of reasons, among the most important being the presence of long time members with a boatload of knowledge and history (and as stated above they were here before it became "the thing"), the no tolerance policy towards flipping and selling which keeps it about the actual tasting and enjoying and learning, and, the absolute no BS policy here. I've been to some other bourbon site, and I've also participated in forums (and been a moderator of) for other hobbies and I can tell you how hard it is to keep things on track and keep the BS out of the discussion.

Guru

One wonders if John Wayne would've drank the stuff currently bearing his name.
    We're Bourbon Geeks, it's who we are, it's what we do.

Advanced Taster

r/bourbon on reddit is fine. There are a lot of ratings threads and some good discussion. There are a lot of noobs starting their journey and more experienced hands offering guidance. SB is the best though.

Virtuoso

Quote Originally Posted by smokinjoe View Post
    There is no doubt that SB is the leading internet source for all things bourbon. I follow few blogs, but Sipology and whiskeyapostle are 2 that I visit on a regular basis. I only drop in on BE once a month, or so. Unfortunately, the last couple of times that I've visited I failed to see any posts from the member "Mike" from Conyers, GA. I don't think he is a contributor here, as I think I would recognize his style. I always seek out his posts, as I found them thought provoking, in depth, full of information, and just totally entertaining. He is a very good resource on that sight. Anybody know if he is still around?
    I agree with you about Mike. I loved reading his posts. Mike decided it was time to leave BE a while back. He hasn't made an appearance since. Too bad, he was definitely entertaining and insightful.

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by smokinjoe View Post
    Hey! We have very little of those issues, here. Maybe, I'll have to drive out to Conyers to deliver a personal invitation to join us!
    I've been over at BE.com deep in the forum archives reading posts from this "Mike" guy you are all talking about. Seems like a heck of a guy. A number of the regulars from those early days had a lot of incredibly informative things to say. I'll add to the group hoping you can get him to come over here.
    Steve

TT: Everything goes better with a little OGD114.
    squire: Amen...............