Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Jefferson's Reserve Source

I have not been able to find a definitive answer on where Jefferson's sources their bourbon for Jefferson's Reserve. Is it known or documented anywhere exactly where they acquire their juice or is it unknown?
    Thanks!

Re: Jefferson's Reserve Source

Almost certainly MGPI/LDI, most recently, though obviously subject to change. I think some even say "distilled in Indiana" on them. There was no secret about the single barrel bottle I bought from Astor being from LDI. I did not care for it much. Would rather have the more transparent, higher proof and age-stated Smooth Ambler Old Scout if I were looking to drink some LDI.

Guru

It possible that it's from several distilleries including HH, Beam, Barton, LDI, and BT. I have a feeling the source for their bourbon has changed several times depending on who had some to spare.
    Last edited by smknjoe; 06-30-2014 at 16:35.
    I've never tried GTS with any sort of soda. Maybe I'm missing out; but I'm OK with that.

Disciple

The bottle I was recently gifted (isn't there some sort of saying about the best whiskey is...), says in all caps on the side label which can be peeled off easier than a city of Chicago vehicle sticker, DISTILLED IN INDIANA.
    Thad

BTOTY-2011

Enthusiast

A swamp. Or swamps (to be more technical).

Trey has to be careful before Willie from Michter's beats him to it.

Guru

That's their CURRENT source, Thad. Let's see what it is in 6 months.
    I've never tried GTS with any sort of soda. Maybe I'm missing out; but I'm OK with that.

Guru

I don't mind where they get it if it's priced accordingly but a fancy cork stoppered bottle doesn't change the contents.
    We're Bourbon Geeks, it's who we are, it's what we do.

Taster

Haven't had the Reserve in a while, but I had their Rye the other day and I loved it. Assuming its LDI, I guess I really like LDI Rye.

Advanced Taster

Quote Originally Posted by thebwood View Post
    Haven't had the Reserve in a while, but I had their Rye the other day and I loved it. Assuming its LDI, I guess I really like LDI Rye.
    Well do you like Bulleit Rye and/or Dickel Rye? Not sure on the rough ages, but I enjoy Bulleit Rye every now and then. Though lately I've been more into making my bourbon's disappear, I'll always mix things up a few nights a week with a rye. Never had any Jeff rye. Shockingly I saw a Jeff Ocean on the Pa state site for about ten minutes yesterday, and even more surprising it sold almost instantly. I passed...can't imagine why.

Advanced Taster

Jeff Rye was coming from ADL, in Canada, but I understand that's no longer the case. Or is it? Unlike Masterson's and WhistlePig, Jefferson's has been pretty tight-lipped.