Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Bourbonian of the Year 2002 and Guru

Re: Transition from sourced distillate?

"New Riff has bought 300 barrels of (currently) eight and nine year old bourbon from MGP."

Hmmm. Not long ago, I got it direct from the folks at MGP that they didn't have anything older than two years available. The only way the above can be true is (a) they actually bought these barrels a few years ago, or (b) someone released some or all of a large batch of MGP whiskey for some reason, e.g., Diageo may have had more than it needed. These are the sorts of things even the more transparent NDPs are often not very transparent about.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by cowdery View Post
    "New Riff has bought 300 barrels of (currently) eight and nine year old bourbon from MGP."

Hmmm. Not long ago, I got it direct from the folks at MGP that they didn't have anything older than two years available. The only way the above can be true is (a) they actually bought these barrels a few years ago, or (b) someone released some or all of a large batch of MGP whiskey for some reason, e.g., Diageo may have had more than it needed. These are the sorts of things even the more transparent NDPs are often not very transparent about.
    Unless the distillery folks talk no way to know for sure but presumably this group, presumably having had a sense what was happening at MGP as a result of running TPS, bought barrels back when the distillery was still in the planning stage just for this reason. It would make sense but doesn't mean it happened that way of course.
    That yella whiskey runnin' down my throat like honey dew vine water and I took another slash…

Nullum Gratuitum Prandium
    Ne Illegitimi Carborundum

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by cowdery View Post

My understanding is "a".... I don't know the specifics of how this was done.
    John B

"Drinking when we are not thirsty and making love at all seasons… that is all there is to distinguish us from other animals."