Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Connoisseur

Re: 4R's Jim Rutledge coming to town

[QUOTE=Tony;434924]
    Heard from Dominic over on Facebook that Jim will not be there for the event this week.

Awwww, Damn! I was really hoping to catch up with JR. I'll still try and get over there this Thursday.

Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by P&MLiquorsEric View Post
    Jim had shoulder surgery recently. I would imagine that is the reason.
    Yup that is why.

Jim being the stand up guy that he is, he's already said he'd find another date to come up.

Only bummer is that the bottle of Mariage that I was hoping to open at my marriage will not be signed as a result!

Advanced Taster

Jim had shoulder surgery recently. I would imagine that is the reason.
    Ouch. I still play competitive volleyball in my 40's and it's going to be either knee or shoulder surgery that will eventually stop me. I'm really, really hoping for the knee.
    "We're wanted men! we'll strike again! But first, let's have a beer" -- J Buffett

4R's Jim Rutledge coming to town

Quote Originally Posted by Ravensfire View Post
    Ouch. I still play competitive volleyball in my 40's and it's going to be either knee or shoulder surgery that will eventually stop me. I'm really, really hoping for the knee.
    The older you get, the tougher surgeries are to recover from. At 34, I had a severe disc herniation in L4/L5 that required surgery 9 weeks ago. I still can't lift much but I can see light (and golf) at the end of the tunnel. Tiger had a similar procedure.

Stay active but listen to your body.

Guru

Thanx 4 the info, I'll probably go and pick up a bottle of Tippins new selection.
    ovh

Advanced Taster

The older you get, the tougher surgeries are to recover from. At 34, I had a severe disc herniation in L4/L5 that required surgery 9 weeks ago. I still can't lift much but I can see light (and golf) at the end of the tunnel. Tiger had a similar procedure.

Stay active but listen to your body.
    Completely agree. I'm a few years over the hill and have been playing with this group for over 15 years now. Seeing other teams come and go because of injuries is painful. We do a national tournament (USAV Open Nationals) every year that was in Louisville last year and they've got age divisions for seniors starting at 45+ and going all the way to 76+. I might not make that last division, but I'm hoping for the 50+/55+! Just gotta keep in shape.

And good luck on your recovery! Keep threatening those fairways and greens that you'll be back to haunt them!
    "We're wanted men! we'll strike again! But first, let's have a beer" -- J Buffett

Advanced Taster

Thanks for the update. I saw on facebook that Jim had surgery on his shoulder but the picture showed him still signing bottles. I'm glad he's cutting his travel time to heal up.

Novice

In case anyone was planning on a trip to Tippins today, the barrel has been delayed. Watch their FB or twitter for updates.